Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I'm really really new to the lava lamp scene but I'm buying furniture for my apartment. When I was younger I worked in a recording studio that had lava lamps built into the legs of a coffee table and it's always been a goal of mine to own one of those someday. Well the day has come and I've been searching online but i can't find anything. I'm contemplating attempting to build my own. Any suggestions to how to go about this? Should i start from scratch so to say? Or should i purchase 4 lava lamps and just kind of install them into the legs. Also do you think just the lava lamp being a support itself sensible? Or would it be too much weight for the awesomeness of a lava lamp.

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've never done this, but I think you could take four LAVA GRANDE's which are 27 inches tall and attach a piece of glass or Plexiglas to the caps. Then you could place the caps on the lamps I have no idea how much weight the lamps could hold, but I have one and it seems quite sturdy. The biggest problem would be what to do with the four power cords, and you would have to take the table apart each time a light bulb had to be changed. Just throwing out an idea. Good luck!
what are the straight right cylinder lava lamps called? is there a particular name or are the just a style of lava grande? those would be perfect. I could group the four power cords into the center of the table and run an extension cord to turn them on and off uniformly. Whats the best place to buy those test tube shaped ones? Ebay?
The lamp that you're talking about is called The Imperial. It's very rare!
ah man. well i guess ill have to keep my eyes pealed for them
i like that, i may have to try that too. The move into the apartment isn't until august so i've got plenty of time to work on it. Very cool idea thank you

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service