Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hello - I've been lurking around the site and it's been really helpful. My lamp was acting up and I've mostly fixed it using info from here - cycling, twirling, putting it on a dimmer... There are still some air bubbles, but they don't bother me.

The only issue now is that some of the wax is quite grainy. Some pix attached.

Any thoughts?

Also, the coil does have some black gunk on it - I've read that people have removed it and cleaned it and this improves the lamp, but I'm pretty hesitant to do that - does it really make a huge difference?

Thanks everyone!

Views: 339

Attachments:

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bump, because I'm having a very similar problem :/

▶ Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

andy ross left a comment for Fabian
Sunday
Patricia updated their profile
Sep 7
Paulb left a comment for Fabian
Sep 7
Modulo '70 left a comment for Accuphased
Aug 30
Modulo '70 left a comment for Angel Rock
Aug 30
Modulo '70 left a comment for Zodotheus
Aug 30
Modulo '70 left a comment for yuriy
Aug 30
Modulo '70 left a comment for Jacob Lepley
Aug 30

GooHeads

© 2026   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service