Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I MIGHT have found my #01 Clear/White. *crosses fingers*

I'm all sorts of excited. I've found a lamp that looks like it might be a #01 Clear/White 32oz. I immediately emailed the seller to buy it. Now I'm just hoping that it hasn't already sold. Pic below.

Arg! This wait is gonna kill me!

Edit: As a side note, when setting up a rainbow with the following colors, what order do you stick them in? I can't figure out how to get the white in there correctly. And I know I'm counting the chickens before they hatch...

Black
Cranberry
Red
Orange
Yellow
Lime Green
Dark Green
Teal
Blue
Purple
Pink
White

Edit #2: UPS broke it on the truck as it was near my house... see the message from UPS on subsequent messages.

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great find.
That sure looks like a real clear/white. The wax is a true white, not the creamy white like a faded blue/white or what not.

I sure hope it is an actual #01 and I sure hope you get it.

I can't help you on placing the lamps in order becaues I am not sure what order they go in, but I wish you the best of luck.

W_J
Your order sounds right to me. If you can find the rare black/clear with chocolate brown wax (often found in the snakeskin Safari lamp) it wouldf go between black and cranberry. There are two different yellows and two reds, too: 06, sold with the Princess, is a lighter "coral red" than 10, which was sold with other lamps. 08 is a lemon yellow, sold with the Princess, while 11 is a bright yellow, less golden, sold with other lamps.
Update: She hadn't sold it yet. There was one person that was going to buy it if no one else bought it, but I stepped in.

Woo hoo!
I kinda like this order....

But im impartial

LampHead
I like that picture! I definately would go with the white in the center and then I would branch out with the brighter colors to darker colors.
I think:
white pink cranberry red orange yellow lime green teal blue purple black

Right now mine are set up:
black cranberry red pink peach yellow lime green teal blue purple

I never thought of adding brown
darn im running out of room

Something else is putting complimentary colors next to one another
like maybe:

white purple yellow cranberry green red lime pink teal orange blue black
are there two different color green elektriks? (besides the matte and shiny)
An update.

UPS was set to deliver on 01/04/08. I eagerly anticipated it or maybe I'd get one of those "We tried to deliver but you weren't home" notices.

I got home, nothing. I check the tracking number and it still says out for delivery. So I wait figuring he'd come sometime that night.

No package. So I check that Saturday and it says it has been rescheduled for Monday. Okay, thats fine.

Nothing on Monday... or tuesday.

I call them up and it seems like they've lost it. They are putting a trace on it to see what happened, but a trace is usually just something they tell you to make you feel like they are doing something.

:^(

Bummer. Back to the search for an #01 for me...

And OSOLAVA - There was the emerald green and the lime green as far as I know.
Update from UPS website - 01/09/2008 12:26 P.M. THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH THE DETAILS / ALL MERCHANDISE DISCARDED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE

I'll call them up and cuss them up one side and down the other. I know it doesn't help any, but it'll make me feel better.
Wow this one looks good. This must be very rare.

Roger
Yeah. UPS automatically insures all packages for $100. But I'm going to let them know how rare and hard to find this thing is.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service