Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

As posted in a previous thread, I am trying to "play" with my lava lamps. I found some time ago a picture of a yellow liquid with a green wax that I found really "radioactive".

I tried to lint a mathmos with a clear liquid with some yellow food coloring agent but ended with something far away from what I could want. I looked on the web about coloring stuff with minor luck.

Do you know any way to produce a liquid with this kind of yellow? (not the one of mathmos more like curry (yellow orangeish)

Views: 25

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Of course you noticed that the picture you attached was taken before a white background and then the background around the lamp was changed to black. This changes the effect dramatically. Still it's a regular yellow/green. If you look through the user galleries on this site you might find some other pictures of that color-combo.

To color the "water" of a lava lamp I absolutely favor PrinterCartridge Inks. But I doubt it'll be possible to create a yellow of the "radioactive" (neon? fluorescent?) quality you desire.
Before using Inkjet Printer Inks I used the core of felt-tip pens, simply washed the ink out into the lava-lamp. Maybe if you use a neon-marker you'll get the kind of yellow you want?

But by all means, Try it in a bottle of water first!!!! Don't ruin your lamp with my UNTESTED idea!!!
Thank you both for your replies, they gave me directions I didn't have!
I will try some mix of them with food coloring too and see what will happen. Again thank you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2022   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service