Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

My Imported British Mathmos doesn't seem to get hot enough to melt the lava with just an american adapter. Can anyone recommend a voltage converter? I'm hoping that's all it needs, fingers crossed;-)

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL. And you get to speak with a funny accent. ;-)
Thank you Bohdan, I appreciate you taking the time:-)
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll ask their support team which bulb they recommend.... there are so many to choose from.
Ron at ReplacmentLightBulbs kindly responded to my inquiry with the information below; and I've gone with the VT 1P 100 UK - Step Up Transformer from www.voltage-converter-transformers.com thanks to Bohdan.

"First we have to worry about the base type. I suspect that your base is E14 which is a European standard with no US equivalent. The only lamp we have that is a match for this is a 25W which also may not get hot enough. Our 25W version is located at the following link so you can view the base type for comparison.

http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lamp25r39125ve14.html

It is also possible that your base is E27 which is better because you can use the US E26 in the fixture. The E26 is shorter with a different thread count but if you (with the electricity off) bend the center tab in the center of the socket up to where it makes contact with the E26 the E26 will work fine in base down applications like your lamp. If the base is E27 then we do have the E26 equivalent. Our part number is 40R14/FL-E26 and the price is $1.49. We do not have a photo of this lamp yet but it is 1.75" in diameter and 2.2" long. The 1.75" diameter is a little bigger than the European R39 which is 1.5" in diameter so you will need to make sure the lamp can fit.

If you purchase a step up transformer you will still have to find a local lamp or pay to have a lamp shipped from Europe when the lamp blows. That may not be a big deal if you have friends and/or family that send you packages that can throw a lamp in for you."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service