Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I found a Lava lamp at the goodwill about 2 days ago. It has red lava and ugly liquid. I don't think the liquid is cloudy, but what do I know. I believe it's just the color. I don't like the color of the liquid, but can deal with it. It runs fine. The color of liquid looks like an old mason jar that's been sitting outside. This funky yellowish tint, kinda murky, but not cloudy.

The problem is there are these tiny little pieces floating around in it. Like flakes in it(No I don't think it's ever been open and someone used crayons as wax) Is there a way to maybe let it cool down, pour through a cheese cloth and catch all of it? If I did that, and poured the liquid right back in, would it possibly still run fine?

While I am at it, could I add a drop of food coloring, maybe two or no?

Last thing, I've seen so many sites where people pour out their liquid and refill it with distilled water or even tap, add epsom salt or kosher salt to bring the balance back into the water for flow. Does this work? Is that as easy as it looks? I don't want to deal with the mineral oil, perc and all that again. I'll mess it up for sure.

I also don't want to change the water again and again due to it becoming cloudy after trying the steps from http://www.moltenmeditation.com/lava.htm I will deal with the lamp as is, if none of the options I wish to try will work.

Transfer liquid: This was all this post was supposed to be about. (See how I ramble)

Can you purchase a working lamp, with say Red liquid - white lava, simply open it up and transfer the liquid into a lamp with red lava. Seems like it would already be balanced and I would have to do anything but pour, reseal and turn it on.

Darn, My post are always so long. Sorry.

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I read the moltenmeditation.....and I'm hiped!! I want to try this will a lamp that I got from Goodwill. I bought the lamp to use the base in one of my "creations" (check out my page if you want to know what that means) but if I can salvage the whole lamp then that will be better yet!! I plan to go shopping tomorrow and I will pick up some distilled water to use (I live out in the sticks and my well water is yuck!) So hopefully tomorrow evening I can try this. I will let you know if it works for me or not.

Well I had two cloudy lamps exactly the same (photo 1) and I repoured them into the Absolut bottle and used the Molten Meditiaon method to replace the water and I think it was a success! What do you think?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service