Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I have been totally in love with the lava heads that I have seen on this site (that would be you Bohdan). And now after going to 500 (Ok, not quite) Pier 1 stores for a head and hunting down lava lamps like a hungry lion in the Seregetti I think that I am ready to get started. (I still need a coffee can or something for a base).
Here are my questions.....
1. I have 6 --32 oz matching globes--how many do I need?
2. How much space should I leave for heat expansion?
3. What is the best thing for a base? (coffee can??)
4. What wattage bulb is reccomened?
5. Permatex RTV SIlicone Adhesive sealant is used to attach the head base to the candle holder base...right?

Any help/info will be greatly appreciated. I will take photos and documentation of my "lava head adventure" so others can learn too!
Thanks in advance!!
--"Bert"

Views: 187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So cool! Did it take all 4 32 ounce globes to fill that head?
Maybe you can make a base out of a coffee can or something similar...
MG
I have less than one cup of blue liquid left from all four globes. I'll save it for future projects. I'm going to try to find a suitable coffee can for a base. Wow.... I just noticed that I have lots of liquor lava lamps---but I can't find a coffee can. I guess that shows my refreshment of choice! lol!
Glad you like the lava head...glitter comes next!
OMG. You be da bomb gal!

All the Lava Boyz will want to marry you now. Heck I'm a girl and straight and I want to marry you now.
Hahahahahahaha!
You are my new Lava Hero.

K
LOL! LOL!! Oh, I'm crying...my ribs hurt!! LOL!!! Your coment made my day!!! Thank you!! Oh, help...I'm laughing...and I can't shut up!! LOL!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service