Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I bought a red/"clear" grande yesterday for $20.  It is cloudy so I'll see how it goes with clearing it.  But even if it's toast I have something to work with for projects.  :D

I don't have any pic right now but will take some later on.

First light:

Flowing 1;

Flowing 2, if only it was clear;

My son had to get in the picture!  :D

Views: 312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks!  I know if it was a giant you would have hopped on you bike and carried it back in your backpack!  lol

Autumn said:

I saw that grande. I didn't feel like going all the way to OKC to get it. I hope it turns out good for you.

Well, I fired it up yesterday and it flows great!  But it is really cloudy.  I don't think it will clear up enough but I will cycle it for awhile just to see.  I will post pics later.

Keith, if you post pics, please post one taking that cap off the top in case I have to re-do mine.  I have no clue how to do that without trashing the entire cap.  ;-)   You could pull a "Kirk" stunt, and post ongoing pics of your progress and we'll hold another "vigil."   LOL

It'll be a new one on me too.  I'm gonna give a few weeks to see it it clears first though.

Marley's Ghost said:

Keith, if you post pics, please post one taking that cap off the top in case I have to re-do mine.  I have no clue how to do that without trashing the entire cap.  ;-)   You could pull a "Kirk" stunt, and post ongoing pics of your progress and we'll hold another "vigil."   LOL

Ah Oh, Keith, we'd best get Kirk back on here to help us out........  ;-)    Good luck with it clearing up!   Mine's still out on the porch, not had much sun, mostly rain, so we can't put it out in the driveway for its sun fade appointments.  

Pics added.

Love that Plaid......but don't know if that Grande will clear up or not, buddy, it's pretty cloudy, and only one China lamp I have has ever cleared.   But I hope it will.......  

On the bright side, your son is one good looking young man!!  Precious, and look at that little face.  He's up to something. ;-)   Now I know you'll say he takes after you??? LOL

Getting the cap off is a breeze.  All you need is a small skinny screwdriver.  You just pry the edge of the cap outward until it can clear the ledge at the mouth of the globe.  Then pull it off and remove the rubber stopper.

Marley's Ghost said:

Thank you Libby, of course he takes after me ;) and his momma too.  Oh, and he is always up to something!  lol

I don't really expect this to clear up but want to give it a shot.  This is the first cloudy lamp I've had, except for a couple of slightly cloudy one's.

Marley's Ghost said:

Love that Plaid......but don't know if that Grande will clear up or not, buddy, it's pretty cloudy, and only one China lamp I have has ever cleared.   But I hope it will.......  

On the bright side, your son is one good looking young man!!  Precious, and look at that little face.  He's up to something. ;-)   Now I know you'll say he takes after you??? LOL

Thank you for those instructions, Jim!  

Jim said:

Getting the cap off is a breeze.  All you need is a small skinny screwdriver.  You just pry the edge of the cap outward until it can clear the ledge at the mouth of the globe.  Then pull it off and remove the rubber stopper.

Marley's Ghost said:

You've been lucky, Keith.   I have about 6 cloudy ones sitting in the back room........waiting for help.  Arggg

Keith said:

Thank you Libby, of course he takes after me ;) and his momma too.  Oh, and he is always up to something!  lol

I don't really expect this to clear up but want to give it a shot.  This is the first cloudy lamp I've had, except for a couple of slightly cloudy one's.

Marley's Ghost said:

Nice buy, Keith!  Good luck with it.

BTW - Your son favors you.  :>)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service