Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Found oozinggoo.com when I was looking for ways to repair the Grande I picked up at CostCo a few years ago.  It's one of the Chinese made ones that has gone extremely cloudy and ceased to flow (going to try replacing the fluid one of these weekends). 

It was here that I found out about really big Lava lamps.  I was bowled over by videos of the  Colossus lamps and really want to see if I could get one, I couldn't find them available anywhere so I wrote LavaLite.  I wanted to let this group know what I got this from Lava Lite today:

We have a special promo on the Colossus for serious buyers.   This will be the last time the Colossus will be seen.

Please see attached promo sheet with pricing included.

If you are interested please contact on my direct line at 630-496-6663.

Best regards,

Susan Michaels

Customer Service Representative

LAVA LITE

630-496-6663 direct line

smichaels@lavalite.com

www.lavalite.com

Sadly these prices are outside of my discretionary funds, even though they include shipping.  I post it in hopes that someone here may be interested.

Views: 42057

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It does work!

I got my purple/yellow to get stuck by putting the dimmer to FULL BLAST.  Flowed great for around 3 hours then got stuck.  Turned it off for 20 minutes, then turned it on to the 8 o'clock position.  Flowed around 1-2 hours and got stuck.  Turned it off for 20 minutes, then turned it on to the 7 o'clock position.  Waiting to see what happens..

I'd love to find a sweet spot that has nice flow and doesn't get stuck.  I'm thinking the continuous running spot with no abyss creature is probably too low for really nice flow - at least at this time.  We'll see...

But even if I have to turn it off for 20 minutes to get a couple of hours of GREAT flow -- heck, that's almost manageable.

Loren said:

This is supposed to say "That's a 25-30 minute interruption in flow, instead of having to wait at least 14-15 HOURS, just to find out whether or not it worked." Hrrrrp. Oh, and I hope it works for you also, kirk!

Loren said:

...That's 25-30 minutes interrupted flow, instead of having to wait at least 14-15, just to find out whether or not it worked.

Does anyone know if there are any lamps left???  I can't wait until tomorrow morning!!!  Cheers, Kelly.

there are 9 left I asked her to save me a red clear, not sure how many of each and she had some wood bases left and silver only

Wahoooooo!  That's my birthday present to me!

Glad you decided to get another one.  The red/clear is really incredible!  You'll love it.

"The Colossus will never be seen again."  This is the line that Susan hooked me with.  :>)

Don Souliere said:

there are 9 left I asked her to save me a red clear, not sure how many of each and she had some wood bases left and silver only

I agree...I'm just glad that there is a fix for this problem. Even if I had to do this every time I ran my lamp, which I haven't had to do so far, I wouldn't care. And I agree with Autumn...I don't think these are overheating. These lamps are large and complex...one of the things which gives them such amazing flow. Sometimes they come away from the coil in places, and I think they are meant to...but sometimes the coil is bare in all the wrong places, and the flow gets stuck. I'm not sure why all lamps aren't doing this, however...or why some are doing it more than others. I have run my lamp 7 times now, and gotten stuck flow 3 times (and fixed it twice :p) That's less than half bad runs, and those were fixed. I am definitely NOT trading this lamp in, because knowing me I'll get an even worse replacement. LOL! I STILL have very, very bubbly lava, but when it gets going really well it's not so bad. All in all, I love this thing. Like Jim, my colossus color combo was the same as my first lava lamp, so it's special to me...I don't want another color, at least for this one. ...As if I could ever get two.

Kirk said:

It does work!

I got my purple/yellow to get stuck by putting the dimmer to FULL BLAST.  Flowed great for around 3 hours then got stuck.  Turned it off for 20 minutes, then turned it on to the 8 o'clock position.  Flowed around 1-2 hours and got stuck.  Turned it off for 20 minutes, then turned it on to the 7 o'clock position.  Waiting to see what happens..

I'd love to find a sweet spot that has nice flow and doesn't get stuck.  I'm thinking the continuous running spot with no abyss creature is probably too low for really nice flow - at least at this time.  We'll see...

But even if I have to turn it off for 20 minutes to get a couple of hours of GREAT flow -- heck, that's almost manageable.

Loren said:

This is supposed to say "That's a 25-30 minute interruption in flow, instead of having to wait at least 14-15 HOURS, just to find out whether or not it worked." Hrrrrp. Oh, and I hope it works for you also, kirk!

Loren said:

...That's 25-30 minutes interrupted flow, instead of having to wait at least 14-15, just to find out whether or not it worked.

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  I just ordered my Colossus!!  Happy birthday to ME!!

FYI, Susan said the only colors that she has left are the clear/red and the blue/yellow.  Bases are silver or faux wood.  Oh yeah, and she's expecting a new shipment of bulbs this week.

I have to wait an extra week because of the snowstorm headed for the midwest.  Oh well, I've waited several years, what's a few more days.  :)

I'm resisting the lure of a blue/green just b/c it'd be the only one I don't have that I have any interest in owning.  However, I'm not sure I can justify owning three of them.  I may quench that thirst with another grande instead.

Can anyone post a pic of the red clear with the red bulb I was reading about, I am so curious to see, as a matter of fact I dont recall seeing a red clear in action yet from this batch anyone got pics to share?

Mine it only 3 hours away!

http://oozinggoo.ning.com/photo/albums/colossus

Don Souliere said:

Can anyone post a pic of the red clear with the red bulb I was reading about, I am so curious to see, as a matter of fact I dont recall seeing a red clear in action yet from this batch anyone got pics to share?

I pick up my purple/pink replacement tomorrow!  Yay!  

They are also sending some 200w bulbs for me to try on my troubled purple/yellow.  Like Loren, Autumn, Critter, and Bridget have said, I don't think it's all a heat problem, but it's part of the problem.  I'll give the cooler bulbs a try.  With Loren's 20 minute shutdown, I can still get 2-3 hours of flow before it gets stuck again.  Could be worse, and I think it's improving...  

At any rate, I get to keep my purple/yellow, and just need to buy a new base for $100.  Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service