Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Found oozinggoo.com when I was looking for ways to repair the Grande I picked up at CostCo a few years ago.  It's one of the Chinese made ones that has gone extremely cloudy and ceased to flow (going to try replacing the fluid one of these weekends). 

It was here that I found out about really big Lava lamps.  I was bowled over by videos of the  Colossus lamps and really want to see if I could get one, I couldn't find them available anywhere so I wrote LavaLite.  I wanted to let this group know what I got this from Lava Lite today:

We have a special promo on the Colossus for serious buyers.   This will be the last time the Colossus will be seen.

Please see attached promo sheet with pricing included.

If you are interested please contact on my direct line at 630-496-6663.

Best regards,

Susan Michaels

Customer Service Representative

LAVA LITE

630-496-6663 direct line

smichaels@lavalite.com

www.lavalite.com

Sadly these prices are outside of my discretionary funds, even though they include shipping.  I post it in hopes that someone here may be interested.

Views: 42047

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ben- I got mine at Menards. If you do not have a Menards you may just have to look at different home supply and hardware stores in your area till you find who sells them

No Menards here. I'll look around. Thanks.

Gwen Williams said:

Ben- I got mine at Menards. If you do not have a Menards you may just have to look at different home supply and hardware stores in your area till you find who sells them

Gwen:  I found a few Westinghouse bulbs on Amazon.  Any of these look familiar?

Westinghouse 250w heat lamp clear

Westinghouse 03483 250R40 HT R EZ Heat Lamp

Westinghouse 03484 250R40 HT EZ Heat Lamp

Westinghouse 3916 heat brooder

Westinghouse 03917 Heat and Brooder

Westinghouse R40 E26

Gwen Williams said:

LMAO If owning a Lava Lamp makes a person untrustworthy then I'm in trouble.  ;)

Phishy Lava said:

Would you trust a doctor who had a lava lamp in his waiting room? I'm not sure I would. Lol.

I would travel for many miles to go to a doctor that had a colossus in his waiting room. All the ones around here are right asswipes. :(

Mine is running on a 125 watt heat lamp. Seems to have solved my disconect problem....so far

thats interesting! I got a 200 watt from LL, but have not tried it. It looks like it came from 20 years ago by the packaging. Where does that put your dimmer switch? Longer warm up?

Metallica man said:

Mine is running on a 125 watt heat lamp. Seems to have solved my disconect problem....so far

Both of my purple/pinks have been running perfect since day one I have had no detached coil problems at all!  I turn them on at 100% then back off the dimmer after they are flowing for about 2-3 hours. I'm guessing that I let them run at about 60% for 3-4 days and I have no problems at all just amazing flow I can't keep my eyes off of them when I at home!! I'm very happy with my colossi sorry for all of the problems that others seem to be having. I would not be happy if I had problems with a $700  lamp either!

Tim,
What color combo do you have?

Tim said:

Both of my purple/pinks have been running perfect since day one I have had no detached coil problems at all!  I turn them on at 100% then back off the dimmer after they are flowing for about 2-3 hours. I'm guessing that I let them run at about 60% for 3-4 days and I have no problems at all just amazing flow I can't keep my eyes off of them when I at home!! I'm very happy with my colossi sorry for all of the problems that others seem to be having. I would not be happy if I had problems with a $700  lamp either!

I have 2 purple/pinks.

Ben said:

Tim,

Tim said:

It takes 100% power and takes forever to heat, sometimes i have to wrap a blanket around the base to hold more heat. But its running better. I have a 200 watt on the way as well

razerface said:

thats interesting! I got a 200 watt from LL, but have not tried it. It looks like it came from 20 years ago by the packaging. Where does that put your dimmer switch? Longer warm up?

Metallica man said:

Just reread your post where you mentioned the purple/pinks in the first line. Reading comprehension is not my strong point I guess.

Tim said:

I have 2 purple/pinks.

Ben said:

Tim,

Tim said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service