Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

First Order on Mathmos.us/LampLust Not Going So Well

I placed my first order on mathmos.us February 24th for two Fireflows - one O1 and one R1. According to their shipping chart, I should have had them in about three days.

I have written customer support. No answer. I have written on their Facebook page. No answer.

Anyone ordered from them yet? 

Not a good first impression! 

Views: 1654

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

id be interested in the crestworths

WeeboTech said:

I have Jets for sale.

I'm emptying out most of my mathmos/crestworth lamps cuz I just have way too many.

PM me!

Metallicaman said:

Ya I know, I was just meaning in general. It seems like all the jets on eBay won't ship to the u.s

Erin said:

They won't be selling Jets. Jets were discontinued awhile back. 

Guh you know I think Mathmos picked the wrong USA retailer to be dealing with their product. The ones running the Mathmos.us website is this place. http://www.lamplust.com/index.php

I dont know if you can see my support ticket or not but this is the BS we maybe dealing with. Note the dates of when I sent my request in to not too long ago. Still waiting to hear form them.

http://www.lamplust.com/ticket_view.php?tlid=9H0S5t7n5A2s0h

Erin said:

Email from mathmos.us:

"Unfortunately, we currently do not have Fireflow's in stock they should be arriving shortly to our warehouse so we can start shipping please give us 3 to 4 days to update you on your items shipping information."

THEN WHY DID YOU LET ME COMPLETE THE ORDER? They said in stock when I ordered. 

Yikes. That sucks Shawn. That's horrible. It seems like there is a definite gap in communication with them and their customers (both Mathmos and Lamp Lust). I have known for awhile that LampLust would be fulfilling their orders.

So far, they are off to a rocky start.  

What peeves me is that they charged my card 02/26 and didn't ship anything out. 

Here's the latest from them:

Our apologize for this mix up Mathmos is a Division here at Lamplust. The reason you card was charged was we had them in stock but when it came to your order we just ran out of the Fireflow's the new batch should be here this week. We will ship it out to you right away when it gets here and you will be updated via email with your tracking information.

Yup not good!

They never answered a single question I asked them.

Who? Mathmos? LampLust? Mathmos' Facebook?

They don't seem to respond to anything on their Facebook page. 

I  REALLY want those fluidiums, but scared to order...

I don't think any of their lava is ready to ship yet except the Fireflows. I should have mine tomorrow or Friday. I'll keep everyone posted. 

I don't want to say anything bad about Mathmos, just because I haven't had any dealings with them. But I do have one gripe. How can Mathmos USA open/set up a website for the last 2 months, and you still can't buy jack off of it? Any company that is setting up their website, and not ready to sell merchandise, will usually have "Under Construction" or "Coming Soon" pop up when you go to their website. It kinda reminds me of that joke, "How do you keep an A-hole in suspense? "I'll tell you tomorrow."   

No u can't buy anything else yet! What I want are the fluidiums and Astros!

Erin said:

I don't think any of their lava is ready to ship yet except the Fireflows. I should have mine tomorrow or Friday. I'll keep everyone posted. 

I feel the same way. They should have launched the website when ALL of their stuff was IN STOCK and READY TO BE SHIPPED. And their website should reflect accurate stock. The whole Mathmos.us thing has been kind-of anti-climactic. I have been watching their regular Facebook page now for months and it's not good. They don't answer questions and they rarely post. You can't have a Facebook presence and just ignore your customers and prospects like that. It puts a really bad taste in people's mouths. And we're not talking 10 inquiries a day here - maybe 1-2 a week at most. And they go unanswered. Customer service is HUGE deal and when people are left with questions and problems and no one is helping them, they will just walk away and tell others of their experience (like I'm doing here). Is that what a business wants? 

Mattmos said:

I don't want to say anything bad about Mathmos, just because I haven't had any dealings with them. But I do have one gripe. How can Mathmos USA open/set up a website for the last 2 months, and you still can't buy jack off of it? Any company that is setting up their website, and not ready to sell merchandise, will usually have "Under Construction" or "Coming Soon" pop up when you go to their website. It kinda reminds me of that joke, "How do you keep an A-hole in suspense? "I'll tell you tomorrow."   

I think I'm just going to order from UK and re-wire when I get them. The Fireflows will be especially hard to re-wire ;>)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service