Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I have two grande's one is working great now. But the other not so much. The one that works good the liquid lost a lot of color. The one that don't work well I'm going to goo kit, it's still has it's color. I'm wondering if I could switch the liquid? Or could the liquid be part of the problem causing the lamp not to work?

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yea you could switch the liuqids - that should work as its most often the wax cauing the problems in a lamp.

With the one which isent working well - has that worked before?

I'm new to the Goo, so please forgive any crazy questions that I have. I've read in a few posts, including this one, that the Grande's will stop flowing after a while. I have three, and they are working beautifully (KNOCK ON WOOD). Can someone tell me why they eventually stop working, and how to prevent it from happening? I think I read in a post somewhere, that you should only run a Grande for 3-4 hours and then you should shut it off. Is that a true statement? Because I've been known to run mine for 10-12 hrs at a time. Thanx, Matt

Yea grande's (like all lava lamps) will degrade over time and will eventuality stop flowing or just not behave them selves. - The way to limit this degration is to only run lamps for 6-8 hours at a time, if you are running them for this time (say 8 hours) each day then they will probably last 4 years - that was the advice I have heard but others may have there own suggestions.

If you only have a grande on for 3-4 hours then it wont really start to flow so it really needs to be at least half a day for it to get flowing well.

Ya I run my grande for 24 hours. And all my 52oz lamps for 5 hours every night for the past 5 years. They still going strong! 

Matt Thomas said:

I'm new to the Goo, so please forgive any crazy questions that I have. I've read in a few posts, including this one, that the Grande's will stop flowing after a while. I have three, and they are working beautifully (KNOCK ON WOOD). Can someone tell me why they eventually stop working, and how to prevent it from happening? I think I read in a post somewhere, that you should only run a Grande for 3-4 hours and then you should shut it off. Is that a true statement? Because I've been known to run mine for 10-12 hrs at a time. Thanx, Matt

Thanks for the info Tim and Metallicaman, I appreciate it. And thanks to another post, talking about certain bulbs being discontinued.  I too have stocked up on some  R20-100 watters for my Grandes. Great site!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2021   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service