Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Our sub-division has an annual garage sale sometime near the Memorial Day holiday. There is a good chance I will be selling quite a few lava lamps. More details to come on the actual garage sale dates and my location (Far North Suburbs near Great America). Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Lamps will be primarily US made Lava Lite.

Views: 1146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Jim for the superb hospitality! Couldn't have asked for a better day. I hope we can get together again!

On a side note, these two lamps look beautiful together!

Jim said:

To everyone who came out this weekend and graced me with your fun stories, passion for lava and fun loving spirit, I can't thank you enough. This was not just about selling some lamps, this was much larger. This was about making some new friends. I hope you got a sense that I was enjoying myself, because I truly was. This was a ton of work to put together and I have absolutely zero regrets. I wish we had better weather on Friday, but I literally couldn't have scripted this event any better. This wasn't work, this was fun and I have all of you to thank for this!

Once again, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!!!

Absolutely stunning pic of two absolutely stunning lamps! Jay, it was an absolute pleasure spending time with you, so much fun. The weekend felt more like a lava gathering than any sort of garage sale or vintage lighting sale. I don't just hope we get together again, I know we will, and I'm totally looking forward to it!

Lamp Addict said:

Thank you Jim for the superb hospitality! Couldn't have asked for a better day. I hope we can get together again!

On a side note, these two lamps look beautiful together!

Jim said:

To everyone who came out this weekend and graced me with your fun stories, passion for lava and fun loving spirit, I can't thank you enough. This was not just about selling some lamps, this was much larger. This was about making some new friends. I hope you got a sense that I was enjoying myself, because I truly was. This was a ton of work to put together and I have absolutely zero regrets. I wish we had better weather on Friday, but I literally couldn't have scripted this event any better. This wasn't work, this was fun and I have all of you to thank for this!

Once again, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!!!

Did you take any pictures of your sale?

Just a couple. Below is a pic of a Colossus globe, ready to be loaded into a sweet ride for its journey to its new home. License plate blurred to protect the anonymity of the newest member of the Colossus Owner's Club. I will leave it up to them on whether they care to step forward. 

Autumn said:

Did you take any pictures of your sale?

Good morning to all my fellow Gooheads! To those who ventured to my home for this lamp sale, some coming significant distances, thanks again! I hope you all had as much fun as I did. It was great meeting you all and I look forward to hopefully connecting with you all again.

Once again, thanks again for the fun weekend. And for those of you who met Patrick on Friday, I know he echoes my sentiments. We need to do this again... and we will. Due to the success of the sale and the fun had connecting with fellow lava lovers, this will likely become a SERIES of vintage lighting sales. Stay tuned for more details and the re-opening of this thread!

Patrick stopped by yesterday and we've tossed about the idea of having another vintage lava lamp sale over the Fourth of July holiday. Patrick also dropped off a Pink/White silver Aristocrat, Mathmos Astro and Mathmos Telstar that will be added to the sale. More to come!

All of the Mathmos lamps have been gobbled up by a hungry collector. We still have plenty of lamps to sell, mostly US vintage, but some Chinese ones as well. Patrick has yet to consider which of his US 52 ounce globes to part with and he may have a significant number of Coach lanterns to sell as well. Local sales still preferred. 

Jim said:

Patrick stopped by yesterday and we've tossed about the idea of having another vintage lava lamp sale over the Fourth of July holiday. Patrick also dropped off a Pink/White silver Aristocrat, Mathmos Astro and Mathmos Telstar that will be added to the sale. More to come!

The Colossus will be going to its new forever home on Sunday, No longer available.

Jim said:

Oh, and if those stimulus funds are burning a hole in your pocket, I can douse those flames. My Colossus has been on the market for awhile and is still available. Will you like the price? No... but I'm OK with that. 

Hi Jim, sent you a pm. thanks. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service