Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Help I really need saving from the dreaded lava lamp obsession!!! It's cost me a bomb this weekend in lamps. Now I've gone and bought another one on ebay just now, with another one that I want to bid on tonight. I really need some serious help to stop this now, it's getting silly.

I know I'm surrounded by fellow goo heads on here, but surely it isn't normal to buy five lamps in one weekend................:)

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awww Susan, I've bought ten at a time off of eBay, back in the beginning of my collection. I don't think I'm the right one to talk to, LOL. I can say, in my experience, that once I got the majority of my collection, the obsession dwindled for nearly 3 years. Till I discovered my Wizards....
We've all been there
yup
Oh great, well at least I know that I've not got up to Ten in one go yet............might be ten by the end of the week. :)
we have bought 27 at one time...including a giant
27 lamps in one go..........................27!!!! wow, maybe I don't need any help after all.
*I'm* the wrong person to ask, as I have four on the way this week and am currently basking in the glow of my vanilla/clear YELLOW SUBMARINE lamp that I got for a song!

I didn't realize the lamps for these were 52 oz...were the Yellow Sub lamps considered icon series or something else?

Charles
Not really an icon series. Vandor produced alot of commercial pieces with LW, Marvel, DC, multiple music icons... Is your beauty a faded Blue/White? I'm asking cause that's what they came with. But congrats on the snatch, well done!
Nah...its a vanilla-ish white with clear liquid. Might be a faded yellow, I suppose.

But the liquid is crystal clear.

Top has no large numbers, two lines of small numbers. Very faded, so this may not be exact:

103A990648
then

030199P
I am saying to myself NO MORE................it isn't working though. I'm building a collection of replacement bottles for my astrobabies. Only problem is, to get the different colours for those lamps I'm having to buy loads of full lamps.....hehe.................

I just told Hubby that there's a parcel on the way...................various words were used but they included "what another lava lamp is it" Told him it was for him as I think it is a magic purple one. I said "it's for you, you wanted a blue one, well, I've got you a blue one. Only it's special as it's blue water and blue wax while it's cold then blue water and purple wax when hot....."
Wow..I mean its 100% crystal clear liquid !!!
What the heck.....................goodness me. Is that a purple liquid yellow wax astro bottle I can see, that looks really, really great.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service