Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I Can Take No More - Colossus Goo Kit Project (Sorta')

I've tried different coils, removing the small coil, putting in new custom coils, slowly warming the wax for weeks - still my Purple/Pink has not responded.  

It is just too sensitive to temperature changes in its environment - meaning it only runs well in a very narrow temperature range.  I'm convinced its the bloody wax.

So, I've drained the liquid, and I'm in the process of melting the wax on the base.  My plan is to goo kit it with clear liquid and that pretty neon blue everyone likes so much.  This should be fun!

Views: 14715

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOl works alright but not if the lava doesn't run

I was thinking the same thing, Critter, but he said he thought he put too much in anyway, so there might have been other issues besides color with even using the clear Dawn.   I'm no expert, just observing.

Critter said:

Kirk.....maybe shoulda tried the white colored dawn......same stuff different color.

Doesn't the clear dawn have bleach in it?

It looks like, Dawn as a surfactant is really not recommended on OG.  You'll find discussions where they say to use one drop - that's it.  I would have done better to stick with my Miracle Bubbles, but if I use the old purple fluid - it already has surfactant in it.  I won't be doctoring it - at any rate.  If the old liquid doesn't work well, I'll go back to distilled water.

OKay hopefully that works out good i am looking to find more people selling lava lamps

And the saga continues.......

Lol yeah it really is

Yes it is and they still play with it today!

Critter said:

Miracle Bubbles? Is this like the "bubble stuff" we played with as kids......or just yesterday?  LOL

Critter

WHat is miracle bubbles

Update:  

I had to remove the wax and clean the globe again.  

(Note to self: Cleaning the Colossus globe is one helluva' task. Don't screw up again.)  

Tonight I'll be putting the hybrid Lava Lite Purple Wax (~3 qts) and Magma Tower Goo (~3 qts) back in the globe to melt.  I'll turn it off before I go to bed tonight so it can cool.  Tomorrow evening when I get home from work, I'll put the 8-9 gallons of Lava Lite Purple Liquid back into the globe.  Then I'll turn it on!

So, sometime early Tuesday morning we should see it begin to flow again.  Whew - what a project.  Thanks for sticking with me.

NOw we know why nobody has attempted it before but good job me i am on the search for all kinds of lava lamps to bye right now

I'm wondering if mixing the Colossus and gookit wax will solve the original flow problem. Seems feasible. Sorry it clouded up after all that work. Keeping my fingers crossed for you... can't wait to see the end result.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service