Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I Can Take No More - Colossus Goo Kit Project (Sorta')

I've tried different coils, removing the small coil, putting in new custom coils, slowly warming the wax for weeks - still my Purple/Pink has not responded.  

It is just too sensitive to temperature changes in its environment - meaning it only runs well in a very narrow temperature range.  I'm convinced its the bloody wax.

So, I've drained the liquid, and I'm in the process of melting the wax on the base.  My plan is to goo kit it with clear liquid and that pretty neon blue everyone likes so much.  This should be fun!

Views: 14715

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

YEah hope it turns out great

Thanks.  I'm determined, so if this doesn't do it, I'll have plan C waiting in the wings.  Don't know what plan C is yet, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Lol i hear you there

sounds like a good plan.  i'm curious to know if the combined LL/MT wax but just LL liquid will flow without further modification.  the LL wax has a higher specific gravity than distilled water (obviously) so I think the wax might hover midway.  the mixture may require more distilled water to flow properly.  just a prediction, but of course I hope it works perfectly on the first run!

YEah i hope so too

LL liquid wont work with gookit wax. I've tryed the liquid is to dence and all the wax floats to the top and stays

Kirk said:

It looks like, Dawn as a surfactant is really not recommended on OG.  You'll find discussions where they say to use one drop - that's it.  I would have done better to stick with my Miracle Bubbles, but if I use the old purple fluid - it already has surfactant in it.  I won't be doctoring it - at any rate.  If the old liquid doesn't work well, I'll go back to distilled water.

Also the gookit surf is made to not cloud the water. U mite want to stick with it

Wondering if anyone here has ever mixed the 2 waxes together and the outcome? It'd be a shame if combining rendered that much goo useless.

I think jus did but in a small lamp

Saw that. Just couldn't remember if she mixed 2 different color LLs or LL with gookit goo.

YEah i seen posts were people mixed the two waxes and they were fine

Update:

We are ahead of schedule.  I decided to fill it with the liquid before leaving for work.  So, it should be flowing when I get home tonight.  Look, it's teasing us with its early spiking.  Encouraging...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service