Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I Can Take No More - Colossus Goo Kit Project (Sorta')

I've tried different coils, removing the small coil, putting in new custom coils, slowly warming the wax for weeks - still my Purple/Pink has not responded.  

It is just too sensitive to temperature changes in its environment - meaning it only runs well in a very narrow temperature range.  I'm convinced its the bloody wax.

So, I've drained the liquid, and I'm in the process of melting the wax on the base.  My plan is to goo kit it with clear liquid and that pretty neon blue everyone likes so much.  This should be fun!

Views: 14670

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh damn, Libby.  Maybe I should shut it down now?!

Marley's Ghost said:

That's what they said in Mexico too.........before that "Godzilla" of a volcano appeared in a field....

Kirk said:

Libby, we've got lots of perils here in Texas.  Fortunately, pyroclastic flows aren't one of them.

Hahahaha, OH HELP, this is hilarious.   Don't shut it down, just drop it down to Defcon 1.......Danger Will Robinson.....

i'm here.  mountain dew in hand.

HOLY CRAP, Kirk, you ain't blowed up are you???   I keep getting a "maintenance" being done on this site notice.  Who does maintenance in the midst of HISTORY?  

I'm still here.  Had to go get me some protein.  Ok - hot dogs.  One of my favorite sources of protein.  We continue to heat up, and the dome is looking larger -- goo is attached nicely to both coils.  Usually, Colossus takes 6-8 hours to flow. We started at 9PM CDT.  Its now a little after 2AM.

While I was eating my dogs (hot dogs, Libby), I opened up the Fantasia Fireball 1107s that I received in the mail today.  What sweet, sweet lamps.  Same base as the Firefly, but they were boxed as two lamps -- a set with an extra spray.  The spray is a small, cute puff spray.  The plugs and electrics look early.  As do the sprays -- brass ends.  The color wheels look hand painted, and the boxed set came with a replacement brass end spray.  I guess in case something happened to one of the other two.  Man, I love this hobby!

The latest:

Looking good there

9 hours since turning it on...

Pretty cool formations!

Interesting, looks like it's taking its time warming up.  Kinda normal for first runs though.

I don't remember anyone else kitting a Colossus.

Brad said:

has anyone that we know of goo kitted a colossus before, or is this history in the making?

Ok ok what I find funny and awesome! Lol is this discussion was posted and comments where made on May 18th!! The day Mount st Helens erupted 33 years ago.

Marley's Ghost said:

LMBO, Pyroclastic flows can be devastating........ 

Kirk said:

LOL, Libby!

And at hour 10, things are getting more active...

And Im' getting one of these about every 2-3 minutes...

Not quite fast enough for video yet, Keith, but we're getting there!

And the wax at the top is almost gone now.  Yay!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service