Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Ok, I know I read this somewhere on here, but now can't find it.  My son's lava is stuck in this formation.  I moved it to a warmer room, but nope.  Swirled it, nope.  Call lava lite and they told me run it for 8 hours at a time.  Well I got it to work then shut it down and it stuck like this again.  I'm using a 40 watt original spencer's bulb which I took out of my 52 oz neon and I put a appliance bulb in mine.  Mine works fine with the appliance bulb.  My son's 52 oz neon doesn't seem to like any bulb!!  Should I get a 60 to melt it?  Help?  This all started when the bulb blew and it went from overheated, super hot in the middle of the night to I guess cool down mode.  He doesn't have an ac in his room but it is cold with the fan running.  I thought it was too cold, but this pic was taken in my hot laundry room and still nothing.

Views: 827


Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wrap it in a towel or my personal choice is to put a warm sock on it, I use hockey socks

I was thinking blow dryer time!!!  While it is lit I presume or no??

yes while it is lit, i have had to "jump start" several of mine in the past this way, it is a gentle way of heating them without overheating them

I couldn't find a sock big enough, so I tried the blow dryer method.  Also, took my 40 watt bulb out and put a 60 watt A15 in to help get it cooking a bit faster.  Figure it was already overheated and clouded up anyway.  It worked!!!!  the only problem is now I think it mite be too hot because it lost it's nice flow and is now looking like a peashooter, shooting little blobs all over.  Once I get it cooled mite put the 40 watt back in and see since I got the wax melted again will it continue to run normally.  Ever since this summer started my lamps are all acting different. 


Thnx for the tips!!!

Reply to Discussion



Autumn created this Ning Network.



© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service