Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Does anybody know what the new first 100 due to be released from Mathmos is? I'm guessing they will announced the actual item nearer the 15th June. I'm not on any social media sites to be able to take a look. Thanks for any info :)

Views: 1215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mine arrived!

I ended up with a first 100, #23

It's really quite lovely.  The cord is quite thick and stiff so it did take a little bending to get in to place.  It's a shame they don't stamp the first 100 on rather than use a sticker, it does look a little 'meh'.    Overall, I'm really quite happy.

Preliminary pictures, not flowing yet obviously:

Lamps lovely, don't like that sticker though, looks a bit, naff. I wonder what the top looks like without the sticker, hopefully it will have the ridges going into the middle. 

I believe it is flat (like the centre of a record would be).  There are no ridges showing through on the sticker.

Yeah, given that they do first 100 runs on a semi-regular basis, you'd think it would be feasible for them to knock up some metal stamps so it could be etched on rather than a sticker.

This one would probably look cool beside my laser cut sex pistols record...  I'd just need to figure out where to put them...

I need some kind of music/media room!

Susan said:

Lamps lovely, don't like that sticker though, looks a bit, naff. I wonder what the top looks like without the sticker, hopefully it will have the ridges going into the middle. 

As said previously, I bought this lamp for my Husband who's music and music equipment daft! Amplifier and speaker bonkers especially. I'm hoping it will look great next to my white astro and I'll move the brushed Astro out instead. If it looks naff, we have a problem lol. 

MonsoonStorm said:

I believe it is flat (like the centre of a record would be).  There are no ridges showing through on the sticker.

Yeah, given that they do first 100 runs on a semi-regular basis, you'd think it would be feasible for them to knock up some metal stamps so it could be etched on rather than a sticker.

This one would probably look cool beside my laser cut sex pistols record...  I'd just need to figure out where to put them...

I need some kind of music/media room!

Susan said:

Just a quick update,

the wax is perfect, no issues with the stand or bottle.  All good!

Ours isn't standing squarely on our glass cabinet, the feet are not even, so it's slightly rocking, going to see what the problem is in a minute, as it's only just been delivered. Here's a photo of the top without the sticker, beautiful. 

Here's Hubbies new vinyl lamp with my one and only clear and white bottle. Mathmos need to make the clear and white a permanently available bottle, to boost the vinyl Astro sale imo. 

Looks awesome!

I always said that if it wasn't perfect it would be going back. It's not perfect so yeah, it's going back. Not at all impressed by this one. 

What's wrong with it, do you have any photos? Ours doesn't sit perfectly, it rocks a small amount, although we've pushed the bottom in as far as possible, it now only rocks slightly. 
Jezza said:

I always said that if it wasn't perfect it would be going back. It's not perfect so yeah, it's going back. Not at all impressed by this one. 

Here's another one for anyone that loves black and white items

Mine is unstable, moves about and has visible imperfections. Besides that we just don't like it. And as I don't actually collect lava lamps anymore, makes no sense to keep it or replace it. So goodbye astro vinyl. 

Sorry no photos, been boxed up ready for return. 

Ps. That sticker looks absolutely awful. Blistered or bubbled and poorly printed £95 quid, i don't think so. There's going to be a lot of disappointment out there if they're all like that. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2021   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service