Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I have been redoing some of the defective lava lamps I have received lately.

Even the Disney lamps, which were NIB were defective from sitting on shelves for years.

I have seen the hose clamp method for resealing the old cap.

Sometimes works, sometimes not.

I figured there has to be a better way...

I thought about home brewing and searched out for an alternate solution.

I recent bought one of these for $18 with 50 caps included

They can be had here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231197926867?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&a...

I will let you know how they work when it arrives

Views: 298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Claude. Many of us already have bottle callers like this and they work great.

And here I thought I was onto something,..

LOL. I spelled out "cappers" in my comment and my auto correct changed it to "callers" . Damn phones!!! Yeah Claude I have one of these and a standing lever action capper too. Goo heads try all kinds of stuff. But you are going to like having a good capper. You won't break as many bottles with these things.

Thanks

I got a lot of globes to redo

Bought some new lamps just for the goo and fluid inside

Others,.. I want to convert to glitter

It's been a while since cappers have been talked about, so to a lot of members it IS new information.  As a matter of fact I have a capper that I don't have the right fitting for and after reading this post I searched to find it.  I will be ordering it soon so that I can step up my game!

Claude J said:

And here I thought I was onto something,..

I vaguely remember a capper conversation between Keith, Vox and I on chat one night, lololol!!!!!

My first post for a while but I may as well jump in hear - the best capers to use are the old hand held ones i.e. capping tool and hammer or a bench caper useful if your doing lodes of globes.

Allthough the one you posted will work for home brew it wont work for globes - the topic has been talked about before but yea its always good to keep it bumped.

I've had pretty good results with one similar to this one
Attachments:

Yes I see that now

It only works on some off brand bottles

Where can I find one of tabletop bottle sealers and do (it appears) that they come with different size tooling for cvarious sized caps?

The ones I see on ebay all show one cap size

Is that a Agada bottle capper?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2021   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service