Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Both of my giants as well as others I have seen in photos do this. They always get stuck doing this little dance and they never seem to get fully flowing.

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heat equalization. I have a couple 32's that do this. Always the purple whites.
Is there any chance of putting a higher wattage bulb in it, also how long have you had the bulb in that lamp for?
My blue/white does the same thing but after 10-12 hours or so it will break out of it. Its definitely running cool when it does that
My red/clear giant did this as well. I filtered it a few times becuase it was cloudy and it seemed to work for a while until it clouded up again. I think I filtered that globe 3 times at least and then I just gave up on it because the flow stayed the same and it still clouded up. I think the lava was shot (most red wax lamps tend to do this). Maybe try filtering it and see if that helps the flow. Looks like it could use a little filtering. If that doesn't work try a bulb extender to jack the heat up some.
I took the above photo after it had been on for 24 hours. It does this the entire time, even 4 hours in. I put a fan on the top of the lamp hoping it would cool the liquid at the top and make the wax rise but that didnt work either. I really do not want to have to open the lamp because I cannot get the cap to fully close without it leaking.
I know what to do.  Shake it.  That'll fix 'er.
Hello if you look in my photos on page 2 you can see how most giants flow .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2022   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service