Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

So with some lamps going for exceptionally high prices recently it has got me thinking that if trend continues and / or rises would you consider selling most if not all of your lamps (especially the best ones), cash in get money but lose lava.

I know the money is nice but for me I don't know if I would like to sell out - maybe one or two if I need the cash, but not all - no way.

What is your views on this???

Views: 461

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, even the Imperial.  :-)  I have at least three lamps I consider impossible to replace - the Imperial, the Kenny Icon and my Florence Arts Glitter.  Tough to sell, but it depends on what you can get in return.  Tossing around the idea of Hawaii next summer again (10 year wedding anniversary), so being able to get my money back out + significant vacation help = SOLD!  Significant vacation help meaning I would need to be blown away. 

Like my Gem Lite Continental.  If I knew I could get similar to the lava version that went for $1850 I would ship it next day air for free.  Cool lamp no doubt, but too much cash to pass up.

Simon Lloyd said:

Even your Imperial?

Jim said:

Absolutely yes - any lamp that I own I would gladly sell for the right price.

I'd sell just about anything I had for $1850...

I would sell all but my Century that my Sis bought me. Hell, half the fun of buying is in the hunt anyway...

aye... how I adore you.. straight to the point..

Simon Lloyd said:

Even your Imperial?

Jim said:

Absolutely yes - any lamp that I own I would gladly sell for the right price.

I am kinda there with you.. I mean I do have a good sized collection but this is round 3 and I am tired of the chase..

lava luva ~ Tiffany said:

well i dont have very many lamps so...hell no!

I just sold my Hulk lamp today for $100.00 (a tidy $95.00 profit). I wasn't that attached so I suppose I'd go with the "yes I'd sell my lamps" side....if I had to. 

But did you use your own photo? ;)

Jason Davidson said:

I just sold my Hulk lamp today for $100.00 (a tidy $95.00 profit). I wasn't that attached so I suppose I'd go with the "yes I'd sell my lamps" side....if I had to. 

lmao....yes. I got 2 wooden carved Jamaican masks out of the deal too. So my question is...does anyone need 2 wooden carved Jamaican masks? hahaha.

Yeah...no. No I do not. LOL

Jason Davidson said:

lmao....yes. I got 2 wooden carved Jamaican masks out of the deal too. So my question is...does anyone need 2 wooden carved Jamaican masks? hahaha.

I don't - not my thing, put them on eBay on seprate lots - there is colectors out there for them

Erin said:

Yeah...no. No I do not. LOL

Jason Davidson said:

I'd certainly find it difficult to sell some of my lamps, & if I did it would have to be an exceptional offer!

I couldn't part with some of them - it is all very well saying that with money you could just buy and replace, but some lamps come round once in a blue moon - especially in very good condition, and even rarer some bottles with that special flow. 

For my own collection (Crestworth/ Mathmos) the lamps are only getting older, are no longer made and so less and less likely to be found.  With the current trend of Mathmos producing less special lamps now (IMHO) that makes them even more special.

And because of my own fussiness with lamps and bottles, only the best will do. It takes a lot of time and money wasted to get good lamps.

Sometimes money doesn't cut the mustard!

Simon ;o)

I don't think I could. I have a couple colossus lamps along with many pre-china lamps. It goes along with my home decor and things would not be right without them.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service