Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I bought this lamp from Spencers in the late 90s. 20" tall, 3 1/2" diameter, slightly tapered cylindrical globe screws into flared, polished silver base. Cylindrical cap. Mine had red lava in clear liquid. It had amazing flow, like a Crestworth or 60s Lava Lite - snaky, serpentine flow. I say *had* because I didn't use it for a few years, and turned it on today. Now the lava just floats to the top and stays there.

I liked this lamp's size, but I really liked its flow. Does anyone have one of these, or a bottle for one, available? I don't know what other colors they came in - I prefer red but would consider any, if the flow is as described!

The cap is a sealed one, not exactly crimed, but stamped on - would be nigh-impossible to remove in one piece, and even harder to replace. Despite this, if I find a replacement, someone is welcome to this bottle if they want to toy around with it somehow.

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll get a photo of mine. It is this shape:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEST-TUBE-LAVA-LAMP-GREEN-GLOW-MOTION-MODERN-DE...

...but is a LOT bigger - the entire lamp is 20" tall. The slightly tapered bottle is 14" tall with its cap (it has a sealed white metal cap, a black plastic cap over that, a cylindrical polished silver cover over that) 3 1/2" diameter at widest point (near bottom) 3" just below the cap, and screws into the base. The base itself is two pieces: a reflector, into which the bottle screws, which fits into the outer flared base. Mine has a polished silver base, but they came in black too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service