Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I have the Italian Red Bottle Capper commonly found on E-bay. It was given to me with spare new caps, but I cannot get it crimp onto the globe. It seems as though the handles close, but not pressing the corrugated edges down around the glass lip. Is there a certain size of caps / cappers? Or is mine just broken?
Will try to attach pics soon.

Which ones are proven to work?

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ya, i have one of those. does the same thing. I know most would say not to do this, but I use a rubber malet to push the capper down till it seals. if you do this, make sure that the handels are out or the cylinar in the middle of the capper will poke through the cap.
Thanks! Brian, I thought that was the problem, I tried to do the same thing but couldn't muster up enough force to get it push down with the handles up, so then tried a belt to pull down on it. Then got scarred the bottle might slip right off the counter.

I will try the rubber mallet ever so gently, if a mishap occurs, I won't blame you! LOL

I thought of the press stand, but noticed it may not allow the width of the lava bottles to get lined up with the capper part because of the back stand part. But like you said I guess you can modify it? How is that done?
i don't know about modifying the press ones. but i do have one but is a tad small and i use it for the 32oz. lamps. but i can't get enough torque to seal properly and then have to use my red italian one mentioned, hold out the arms, and hit it with a mallet to get it to wrap around the lip tight enough. you do have to hit it a tad harder than tapping it. I have done around 15 this way and none of the glass has shattered on me, not even the china made lamps. so, i think it is relatively safe as long as you don't hit is like an ape or not hitting it square enough. hope all goes well.
Hey Bohdan,

Can you show us a picture of your capper press stand and the modifications you made?

Thanks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service