Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi All

Great site btw....here's my first post.............I had some quite good success using the home made goo methods show here on this site:
here: http://www.oozinggoo.com/ll-form5.html and here:
https://oozinggoo.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=1566398%3ATopic%3A6021

My question relates to the coloring of the goo........I've purchased the colored dye blocks of wax from the local hobby store, along with the standard IIb blocks of candle wax. What I have found with the colored wax will separate from the wax upon cooling and upon the lamp working the wax is translucent rather than a solid color and small particles of the colored wax can be seen. Now from my old chemistry days, I'm supposing that the pigment within the dyed wax, cannot blend fully with the basic hydrocarbon structure. I'm assuming that a liquid dye would better facilitate coloring my goo and wonder if anyone has had similar experience with both solid and liquid dyes for their lamps. An input would be greatly appreciated.....thanks in advance

Views: 58

▶ Reply to This

Latest Activity

andy ross left a comment for Fabian
Sep 27
Patricia updated their profile
Sep 7
Paulb left a comment for Fabian
Sep 7
Modulo '70 left a comment for Accuphased
Aug 30
Modulo '70 left a comment for Angel Rock
Aug 30
Modulo '70 left a comment for Zodotheus
Aug 30
Modulo '70 left a comment for yuriy
Aug 30
Modulo '70 left a comment for Jacob Lepley
Aug 30

GooHeads

© 2026   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service