Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I reciently made a lamp out of a Goldslager bottle using a gold glitter lamp. Now everyone who has seen it wants one! I had a very hard time finding a gold glitter doner lamp (I bought it on e-bay and paid way too much)!!! But I'd love to make these lamps for all my friends...if only I could find some gold glitter lamps. Anybody know where I can get them? Or better yet, how to make them? Any info would be appreciated! (If you want to look at the lamp I have a photo of it in my photos.)

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that looks sweet i want one! and how did you make the base?
The base was a pain....I took a generic lava lamp base (too small) and cut 3/4 inch slits into it-straight down- about every half inch. Then I bent these out at a 90 degree angle and bent the edges up slightly so the lamp won't fall off if bumped. It was a bit of trouble, but it works like a charm!!! Now I gotta go drink another bottle to make another lamp.....such hard work! lol!
Great idea Bohdan!! I have had trouble with gold glitter too. I bought two lamps on e-bay. One worked great--used it for this lamp--the other has very small glitter that only goes up about 3 inches then falls back down. I'll look for the clear silver glitter lamps at Spencers. Their selection has been quite limited reciently.
The Spencers close to me has the 52 oz for $20. I'm a lucky girl!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service