Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Just got off the phone with Louie, I ordered enough supplies to make 4 Grandes then paid on the www.lavalouie.com website by Paypal.

The best thing about ordering from Louie was talking to Louie.

Louie is a wealth of info and loves to talk lava and teach. He spent over 45 minutes answering my naive questions, going over all the everythings twice and we had a nice long chat about his installations. (See http://www.magmatower.com/gallery.html for some examples. The 7.5 foot tower costs about $2400, the 6 foot tower is just under $1000.)

He also offered to give me a hand if I have any problems or questions.

Real nice fella. He said selling goo is not his business and isn't a money maker. He makes it available so "the hobbyists", like me, can make lamps.

Cost delivered UPS, CA to VA, to make 4 complete 250z Grandes = $162.31

I'll update as I make the first lamp from Louie's stuff step by step with pics like Bert did with Her Head.

He said he'd ship today.

K

Views: 92

▶ Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yup. I figure while waiting for the Louie stuff to make it cross country I'll dump and scrub 3 bottles and lay in a huge supply of distilled water for the rinsing and filling.
The first lamp will be clear/white and I will document the process start to finish thru pics.

I just got a glitter Grande cheap off ebay. It's a bluish red fluid with teeny tiny silver glitter. Real pretty but I'd like to add some large glitter like you and Bert use to jack it up a bit.

Ha!
K
Ha! I bought it for the bottle and base not for the glitter. I have read posts on the issue but I don't care, it will certainly be lava someday. In the mean time it's a pretty lamp. When on it's a deep fuchsia.
K

▶ Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

andy ross left a comment for Fabian
Sep 27
Patricia updated their profile
Sep 7
Paulb left a comment for Fabian
Sep 7
Modulo '70 left a comment for Accuphased
Aug 30
Modulo '70 left a comment for Angel Rock
Aug 30
Modulo '70 left a comment for Zodotheus
Aug 30
Modulo '70 left a comment for yuriy
Aug 30
Modulo '70 left a comment for Jacob Lepley
Aug 30

GooHeads

© 2026   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service