Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Another Whiskey Tango Foxtrot... OMMFG! He relisted it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Lava-Lite-Lamp-Light-17-H-Clear-Purple...
Special Edition? Rare Combo?! Who would like to educate this misguided individual?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Lava-Lite-Lamp-Light-17-H_W0QQitemZ140...
How about this one, too!

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was happy to inform the person. I did so nicely. Told them the purple was worth $15/$20 max and was the most abundant color combo out there. Not the rarest. I also told them the same thing for the blue/white - told them its worth $29, max. They probably don't know any better? At least I would hope so.
OMMFG!!! He relisted it! I had to re-educate him....

Dear citycan,

This is NOT a "Special Edition Base", the Blue lettering was on EVERY Lava Brand Motion Lamp in the 90's & early 2000's. Also, it is NOT a "Rare Combo", this was one of their best sellers! Try doing some research before listing at ridiculous prices!

Let's see if he rsponds!
Somone bought the "rare" blue/white. Amazing. Whatever does it for ya I suppose. :)
Well said Vixen!
lol. amazing what the word 'rare' can achieve!
He's at it agian.... http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Lava-Lite-Lamp-Light-17-H-Blue-Purple_...

I tried being nice... he's just ignoring us, so I had to re-educate him for the 4th freaking time!

Dear Citycan,
Again, you're not bothering to do your homework & It's starting to seem like you enjoy NOT selling your items! This is NOT "Special Edition Base", the "Blue lettering" was on EVERY lamp from the 90's - 2000's! And yet again... the "Blue Liquid with Purple Lava" is NOT a "Rare Combo"! Appearantly, you can't measure, either, 'cause it's 16.5' inches tall... NOT 17! Do you even READ the messages sent to you? No collector in their right mind is gonna pay more than $20 for this model at their local Spencers!

This is getting ridiculous! This guy couldn't even sell the Clear/Purple!
That purple/blue looks cloudy to me. Anyone else?

$45 for an every day lava - wow. I need to start listing my truly rare lavas for like 200 bux
Three words that are used way too often on e-Bay:

1. Rare
2. Vintage (or "antique")
3. Mint

I also love it when a seller stuffs a worn out lamp back in the original old box and tries to pass it off as "new in the box".

Seem like everything on e-Bay is "rare" these days.

For every shady seller, there's an un-infomed buyer out there.
Very true & extremely frustrating!
Incorrect.

I have been watching those lamps for the past 6 months. Those that do show up, sell in the $60-$70 area. I had one listed a week ago. $49.99 with a buy it now of $100. I always have a buy it now because there might be people out there that want it now and don't have a problem with doing that. I have had that experience numerous times now on eBay. People don't want to wait - so they click BIN and pay. In my case, someone bid on the lamp and won it for $49.99. However, the person has not responded back to me after the initial, "whats your address so I can send a money order", which is irritating. I have a feeling I will have problems.

The lamp (any lamp) is worth what it is to the buyer. To you or anyone else, it might not be worth that. To someone else, it may have sentimental value or some other sort of meaning. Perhaps it's just a "want". Who knows. Why do you collect lava lamps?
True enough, buyers should do their research as well. I jufst feel that this particular seller isn't concernered & is purposly selling at a high amount. Every lamp he lists is set at this high price, no matter the condition. I bought my Blue/Purple from Pam @ endoftherainbow for $30 new! I guess I'm just peeved 'cause this dude is ignoring all emails! I need to lighten up!
Exactly. If he is going to list these items like that and someone does not do their research - that's the buyers fault. I partially blame the seller if he is knowingly doing that but it's a free market.

I give people a BIN price to give them options. Impatience and desire have a price. How badly do you want it? If they want it bad enough to use my BIN - that's fine by me. Hell, there have been auctions where I wish there was a BIN now so I can just be done with it. Even if I have to pay extra. When you want something - you want it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service