Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

we picked up a fantasia sunburst #4000 fiber optic lamp in black.......
we were at the shore this weekend and went in shell city in fenwick....
on a top shelf was this lamp.....they said they had it for a few years
i've never seen a black one...
i know its newer but looks exactly like the smaller chrome one we have...........
has a fan in the base and is heavy metal construction..........
what are these worth?....it will probably end up on ebay
pics coming soon.........phil

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Depends on many factors. How old it is, condition, spray condition, what the market is willing to pay, etc etc. There appears to be 2 Sunburst Black models. An older model and newer model.

Older Model - Fan at the base is controlled by the motor and is white/cream, really big. The gears that turn the spray and color wheel are solid brass. The color wheel itself is glass. Internals are larger, not as compact.

Newer Model - Fan at the base is small, black and same as a computer fan. It runs independent of the motor. The gears that turn the spray and color wheel are plastic. The color wheel itself is plastic also. The internal components are newer, smaller and more compact. The color produced by this models color wheel is also much more vibrant and richer.

The better the condition, the better the outcome. The spray should be full, thick and droopy. Anything else means it has been cut, damaged or just showing its age.

Good luck!
its one of the newer models ...it was the store display.....has a few scratches
the spray is real nice shape and the colors are awesome...............
i'll get some pics up but i've been busy.....our house was broken into while we were away and i've been doing inventory to see whats missing[one of the morons was caught and squealed on the others]....phil

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service