Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi Folks,

I went to buy goo kit items and noticed the ebay shipping rates are rediculous!  Is this really what they are charging for shipping?  $20 for 1 qt. of goo and $20 to ship it to me?   $5 for surfactant and $16 to ship it?

Is the goo kit really easy to get good results the first time around?   And if I wanted white lava, do i just leave it go or should I add some white colorant?

Thanks ahead,
Vince

Views: 1080

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dimmers always do wonders for Gookits, its a thinner wax so it'll overheat on a standard 40 w

well i tried 30w and 25w bulbs - same result with 30w, and 25w would barely flow.

Dr. WHAT?! said:

dimmers always do wonders for Gookits, its a thinner wax so it'll overheat on a standard 40 w

dimmer with a 40 watt will do, you have total control over the heat. Try it ;)

i have thing thing against extra cords!

not a thing thing ;)

last time I bought a kit I was able to contact the seller and negotiate a lower rate depending on how much I puchased? this was about a year ago. from what i am reading things drastically changed?

it's a thing thing, trust me. :)

I thought I was the only one struggling with that same thing thing...

check this out.  i did another 32oz lamp tonight with the goo kit, added no MT surfactant, but about a tsp of dawn, and the wax is now full of bubbles.  it also seems that the soap produced a bunch of white precipitant which will not melt into the wax.

this is what i've learned - MT wax with MT surfactant can apparently handle a TON of dawn, but MT wax with no MT surfactant is not able to handle much dawn at all.  things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Well guys (gal)... My goo kit arrived today, so looks like we'll play with it over the weekend!!  Can't wait.   Have any of you played with the propylene glycol?   I have a gallon of it sitting here!

I used some PG in my glitter lamp, but that's it.  Good luck with your kit, Vince!

That is making me go hmmmmmmmmm for sure, Brad.  Is the white stuff in the wax or the water?  Cuz you can change the water...

it was in the h2o.  i'm in the process of changing the water out. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service