Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I purchased a used lava lamp with H5224 in red (and some other numbers in black) on the cap. The liquid is clear and the lava is dark brown or orange. In the liquid are floating particles that look like lemon pulp. (see photo)

What is this stuff? I don't find it attractive. Can it be filtered out? Thanks.

Views: 373

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is a China lamp. Going by the numbers. As for what it means, I don't know. I have never seen an orange/clear or brown/clear 52oz lava lamp. Sounds like a bleached or overheated lamp. As for the particles, you can filter it out, but is it worth it to you?
I really don't like the particles. I take it they are not a "feature", but a defect.

I have never filtered before. I'll look into filtering as I don't know how hard it it. Thanks.
Thanks for all the answers. I'm new at this, so please be kind if this is a dumb question; Why can't I remove the liquid from my cooled lamp, filter out the large "lemonade" particles with a coffee filter, and pour the liquid back in?

I will necessarily lose some liquid to the filter. Perhaps there is a known formula to make liquid to be added back to the lamp.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again.
I used coffee filters and a strainer to get rid of most of the "lemonade" particles. I had to strain it twice. I lost a small amount of liquid in the process, but the lamp works much better now. It is clear and moving, for the first time since I got it. I think the particles were holding back the action.

Now I have to figure out if I can replace the liquid. Thanks again.
great idea, thanks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service