Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I Can Take No More - Colossus Goo Kit Project (Sorta')

I've tried different coils, removing the small coil, putting in new custom coils, slowly warming the wax for weeks - still my Purple/Pink has not responded.  

It is just too sensitive to temperature changes in its environment - meaning it only runs well in a very narrow temperature range.  I'm convinced its the bloody wax.

So, I've drained the liquid, and I'm in the process of melting the wax on the base.  My plan is to goo kit it with clear liquid and that pretty neon blue everyone likes so much.  This should be fun!

Views: 14670

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Keith - sounds like you are working?  Gas/Oil boom still going strong?

Still going.  Have you seen gas prices?  Wow

You're talking natural gas, Keith?  I know we've been writing LOTS of worker's comp for the Texas gas boom.  (I hope you're making buckets of $$$)

I meant gasoline at the pump.  The rigs we move drill for oil.  The money is OK but I really only make the dough with lots of OT, which means being away from family, so enough money is better than lots.

I hope you get back to your family soon, Keith.  Enough money is enough - agreed.

BTW - a dome is forming...

:)

I see it, great!! 

You know, I haven't been up this late in quite awhile!  This is getting interesting, though.  I better get the camera...

I hope you kept original wax.

Gookit will overheat :-(

I agree, this needs to be documented for posterity.  I doubt anyone else has ever done this to a Colossus.  History in the making........I should be watching it for you.   I seldom go to bed till 3 or 4 in the morning.

Kirk said:

You know, I haven't been up this late in quite awhile!  This is getting interesting, though.  I better get the camera...

Don't forget video ;)

Kirk said:

This looks a little sinister, but we are definitely heating up...

I'll get some video for you, Keith.  I hope it's worth watching!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service