Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Lava Lite's New Website & The NEW Heritage Collection

http://www.lavalamp.com/

The new Heritage Collection will be available to buy 10/28

**Updated the Heritage Collection will be released today on LavaLite Website at 10am CST. Heres a sneak peak!

*** http://lavalamp.com/heritage-collection ***

Views: 41504

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i put a b/w globe on a 52oz neon base and it overheated.  one large blob hovered about halfway in the globe.

Egnix said:

Has anyone put a 52oz Heritage globe on an older base?

I put my heritage y/r globe on a regular silver 52oz base and it overheated, had 4 large blobs just hovering above the coil. A gookit globe on the heritage base running for 4 hours now just doming, releasing one bob every 15 min and usually this globe flows great, i bet it will if i change bases. I REALLY like the in line dimmer and the bases but damn these globes seem to be trickier than the neons, which flow great after some break in time.

Brad said:

i put a b/w globe on a 52oz neon base and it overheated.  one large blob hovered about halfway in the globe.

Egnix said:

Has anyone put a 52oz Heritage globe on an older base?

I'll give it a try tomorrow, Brad.   I have an old Midnight Century base with the heat ring in it and I know that globe flows well.   We'll see what the y/r does on that base.   I'll get back with ya'll tomorrow with results.
 
Brad said:

perhaps the base needs a heat ring like the old centuries.  the larger base with pinholes makes it difficult for heat to build up.

Rodrigo said:

Hey guys, again i tested the new century base, this time with yet another 40w bulb but clear, and a gookit globe, after 3.5 hours its all molten but BARELY flowing, i mean it will release one blob every 10-15 minutes and this is at full blast. There is something in these bases that dont allow for as much heat, that is why weve had to use 60w to get it to even melt...

Brad beat me to posting it...but I think has hit the nail on the head.  The same thought occurred to me last night...there's no heat ring in these new lamps.  I think that's the issue.  I have the purple/clear and have the same issues as everyone else.  8 hours on and the wax is barely molten.  Wants to clump at the top.  Domed when cold.  When it finally does start moving its very sluggish and acts like its barely melted.  Tonight this globe is on my old century base w/ the heat ring to see what it does. 

cool jeff, let us know what happens.

My pink Grande is going back for a full refund. It started out fine but it has become more and more hazy and won't even flow now. I'm really fed up.

So it was clear and got hazy or it arrived hazy? Then it stopped flowing? How many cycles has it been? Mines on the third and flows really good, alternates between stretchy blobs and rain to one big snake like column that zig zags as the wax shoots up within the column, really cool but damn thats a bummer man, maybe they can just replace it?

Oh no, Blob, I'm so sorry to hear about that!   What a darn shame!!  I did so want it to clear up for you.  This is the first Grande that hasn't been near perfect.  
 
The Blob said:

My pink Grande is going back for a full refund. It's all hazy and won't even flow now. I'm fed up.

Actually it was slightly hazy when it arrived, but after daily cycles of several hours, it looks to have worsened. It's most noticeable when it's cold. It flowed fine but turned it on today and after 6 hours, not even melting, just a great big clump at the bottom. Nothing I can find to account for this (no drafts, light bulb is centered, dimmer is up all the way)

Rodrigo said:

So it was clear and got hazy or it arrived hazy? Then it stopped flowing? How many cycles has it been? Mines on the third and flows really good, alternates between stretchy blobs and rain to one big snake like column that zig zags as the wax shoots up within the column, really cool but damn thats a bummer man, maybe they can just replace it?

After 6 hours had the wax even flipped up sideways or anything, Blob?   It takes mine 8 hours to even start flowing.  It wasn't melted at 6 hours either and never has been.   But that cloudy issue shouldn't be happening.  If you'll call them,  I bet they'll replace it for you, if you want to do that.
 
The Blob said:

Actually it was slightly hazy when it arrived, but after daily cycles of several hours, it looks to have worsened. It's most noticeable when it's cold. It flowed fine but turned it on today and after 6 hours, not even melting, just a great big clump at the bottom. Nothing I can find to account for this (no drafts, light bulb is centered, dimmer is up all the way)

Rodrigo said:

So it was clear and got hazy or it arrived hazy? Then it stopped flowing? How many cycles has it been? Mines on the third and flows really good, alternates between stretchy blobs and rain to one big snake like column that zig zags as the wax shoots up within the column, really cool but damn thats a bummer man, maybe they can just replace it?

So far this globe has done more in the past hour than it has to date.  Its got a column of "hard" lava currently.  Just turned it on about an hour ago. 

It looks like they still have issues. But now that it's proven beyond almost any doubt that the formula has changed, does anyone wonder whether the Grandes and the others are using two different mixes? Nearly all the Grandes flow beautifully; most of the smaller ones don't. What's even sadder is that, at my local Spencer's, their 52s flow nicely. An employee at my local one, who's been with the company for decades and remembers all the lava history, says they rarely get a cloudy one now.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2022   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service