Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Lava Lite's New Website & The NEW Heritage Collection

http://www.lavalamp.com/

The new Heritage Collection will be available to buy 10/28

**Updated the Heritage Collection will be released today on LavaLite Website at 10am CST. Heres a sneak peak!

*** http://lavalamp.com/heritage-collection ***

Views: 43103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Definitely getting more action out of this globe on this base...and the wax that was stuck at the bottom melted off...that had been there since day 1.  Why would they stop using the heat rings on these I wonder if that's what the problem is?

if LL starts using the formula that's in the new grandes for their other lamps, my bank account will be in serious trouble.  it is definitely a different formula than what is in the centuries.

interestingly, my grande and both centuries were made on sept. 25, 2013.  however, the cap codes for the centuries end in 02 (13092502) whereas the grande ends in 01 (13092501).  do we know what that last number means?

Jonas Clark-Elliott said:

It looks like they still have issues. But now that it's proven beyond almost any doubt that the formula has changed, does anyone wonder whether the Grandes and the others are using two different mixes? Nearly all the Grandes flow beautifully; most of the smaller ones don't. What's even sadder is that, at my local Spencer's, their 52s flow nicely. An employee at my local one, who's been with the company for decades and remembers all the lava history, says they rarely get a cloudy one now.

Ok can someone post a picture of what the heat ring looks like in the older centuries, like maybe a few different angles? I have no idea what it looks like and I can't tell if my 1980s century has one or not. Are they removable? I'm confused haha.

They are removable, Ian.  Just a rather wide ring that just sits down inside the top of the base and the globe sits on it.  There is one in my midnight Century.   If someone don't beat me to it, I'll take a picture for you tomorrow.  I'm in the dark and can't turn on the lights.  Hubby's asleep.

There might be one in the Lava Library.  Do a search on "heat ring" and see.   If not, we'll get you a pic.

Ian said:

Ok can someone post a picture of what the heat ring looks like in the older centuries, like maybe a few different angles? I have no idea what it looks like and I can't tell if my 1980s century has one or not. Are they removable? I'm confused haha.
have you tried the heat ring in the heritage century, libby?

Marley's Ghost said:

They are removable, Ian.  Just a rather wide ring that just sits down inside the top of the base and the globe sits on it.  There is one in my midnight Century.   If someone don't beat me to it, I'll take a picture for you tomorrow.  I'm in the dark and can't turn on the lights.  Hubby's asleep.

There might be one in the Lava Library.  Do a search on "heat ring" and see.   If not, we'll get you a pic.

Ian said:

Not yet, Brad.  Still running it on the 60 watt bulb, got it doing a few stretchy blobs trying to hit the sweet spot. I've been fiddling with this thing and doing different things since I got it.   I'll see if the heat ring will work in it tomorrow and also if this globe will work in the Midnight Century base with heat ring.  

Brad said:

have you tried the heat ring in the heritage century, libby?

I also wonder whether the Grandes have a different formula out of necessity. Lava, in the 1960s, used one formula for the small cylinders (Consort etc.), another for medium globes (52oz., Enchantress, Regency), another for the Imperial, and still another for the non-electric models.

As for the heat reflectors, I only bought one new Century from the 90s (in the early 00s, it was old stock) and it did have one. The Silver Century I have doesn't.

I believe that's the batch number, Brad.

Brad said:

interestingly, my grande and both centuries were made on sept. 25, 2013.  however, the cap codes for the centuries end in 02 (13092502) whereas the grande ends in 01 (13092501).  do we know what that last number means?

Quite delighted with the new line thus far and we had a great time at Lava Lite HQ.  Wish I would have worn a big, bulky jacket as there were quite a few lamps I would have liked to exit the building with. The staff is as wonderful in person as they are over the phone/email.

I did see a few prototypes, but will not divulge any details (sorry). 

damn it, jim!  such a tease.

Brad and guys, the heat ring from my old Midnight Century is too large to fit into the base of the new Heritage Century.  I now have my yellow/red Heritage globe on my old Midnight Century base, using the 60w bulb.   Just turned it on, and will report results when I have some.    I do have the old flat topped 40W bulb standing by that was in my Midnight Century to also try, in case the 60W makes it overheat.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service