Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Does anybody know what the new first 100 due to be released from Mathmos is? I'm guessing they will announced the actual item nearer the 15th June. I'm not on any social media sites to be able to take a look. Thanks for any info :)

Views: 1226

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You're lucky!

I'm a bit further North, up near Lancaster, and it's cloudy today.  Looks like it really wants to rain.

No idea about your time! that's a bit weird. (EDIT: just checked mine, the receipt itself says 10:01, it's my mail inbox that says 11:01.  Maybe they forgot to shift their clocks!)

Does anyone know how long these editions tend to hang around for?  I'd love to get another one as my daughter is going through a bit of a vinyl phase atm, but funds are a bit tight this month

Jezza said:

My receipt says 10.08? How does that work? It was gone 11 when i ordered it. So hopefully a first 100 but we'll see. I got the violet turquoise. My fav colourway. 

I was rather late to the game as i was out shopping. Fleetwood and Cleveleys are beautiful and stunning today. The waters off Blackpool are crystal clear and you can see right over to the isle of man. So I was a bit distracted. 

I think the edition is staying as a new range, I'm not 100 sure though, please someone correct me if that's not the case. The first 100 have sold out, so the lamp won't carry the logo, first 100. 
MonsoonStorm said:

You're lucky!

I'm a bit further North, up near Lancaster, and it's cloudy today.  Looks like it really wants to rain.

No idea about your time! that's a bit weird. (EDIT: just checked mine, the receipt itself says 10:01, it's my mail inbox that says 11:01.  Maybe they forgot to shift their clocks!)

Does anyone know how long these editions tend to hang around for?  I'd love to get another one as my daughter is going through a bit of a vinyl phase atm, but funds are a bit tight this month

Jezza said:

My receipt says 10.08? How does that work? It was gone 11 when i ordered it. So hopefully a first 100 but we'll see. I got the violet turquoise. My fav colourway. 

I was rather late to the game as i was out shopping. Fleetwood and Cleveleys are beautiful and stunning today. The waters off Blackpool are crystal clear and you can see right over to the isle of man. So I was a bit distracted. 

I couldn't find any info on what's different about the first 100 version. It might just be a sticker on the Box like they did with the Pod.

I saw a photo on their site (which I cannot find now) It showed a sticker on the top of the bottle cone, saying first 100 Mathmos Vinyl Astro. 

The vinyl astro is staying as mathmos say it will be in its complete range normally the sticker is on the base and the box for the first editions not sure if it's on the cap though it's always been at the base of the lamp these sold out so quick I miss the first 100 but still cool lamp I wonder if the black astro might get discontinued as this is far nicer edition

I'm not sure to be honest, I saw this photo on their website, that's where I got the idea of the label from. 

john said:

The vinyl astro is staying as mathmos say it will be in its complete range normally the sticker is on the base and the box for the first editions not sure if it's on the cap though it's always been at the base of the lamp these sold out so quick I miss the first 100 but still cool lamp I wonder if the black astro might get discontinued as this is far nicer edition

wow that looks cool they confirmed they gonna keep this in the range just wont have the first 100 edition ones do you know if you managed to get one looks so cool

Susan said:

I'm not sure to be honest, I saw this photo on their website, that's where I got the idea of the label from. 

john said:

The vinyl astro is staying as mathmos say it will be in its complete range normally the sticker is on the base and the box for the first editions not sure if it's on the cap though it's always been at the base of the lamp these sold out so quick I miss the first 100 but still cool lamp I wonder if the black astro might get discontinued as this is far nicer edition

There's no indication on the receipt.  Mine will be arriving tomorrow, so we'll find out then!

I'm quite excited about it, regardless of whether I bagged a first 100 or not.  It will be nice to have something a bit different. 

john said:

wow that looks cool they confirmed they gonna keep this in the range just wont have the first 100 edition ones do you know if you managed to get one looks so cool

The one I ordered arrives tomorrow, so we are looking forward to it. Hubby will have his present early. 

I've just been informed that I missed out. My order was firstly completed at 11.01, there time 10.01, but crashed on the last stage of payment. I got straight back to the payment page and completed checkout at 11.03 (receipt says 10.03) So if any of you have placed an order passed that point, it looks like it won't be a one of the first 100. 

Hi Susan, who informed you that you missed out? My order was 11.08, and i was having trouble getting to the checkout phase. I actually started at 1 minute past eleven. Their website was being a real pig. 

But I have not received any mesage and mine is due to be delivered tomorrow. So will just have to wait and see anyway. 

Im not too fussed as I'm not sure that I like the sticker on the cap. To be honest the whole thing doesn't really float my boat. If there's anything wrong with it I won't hesitate to send it back, but recently my stuff has all been perfect. 

When we get them let's all post which, if any, number we get. I'll let you all know, what i get tomorrow. 

I received an email this afternoon replying to the email I sent Mathmos yesterday, I'd missed the first 100. Originally I sent Mathmos an email to let them know my first order at 11.01 had failed at payment stage and was showing on my account as failed. I asked them if there was anything I needed to do with the order stuck on my account, ie them remove it. I didn't want a half ordered item messing things up at their end. I mentioned due to the payment failure I'd dropped places in the purchase order, so hopefully it wouldn't stop me receiving a 1st 100 lamp. Anyway, the email I received today said I'd missed them. Hubby is disappointed and thinks the amount of people trying to order had caused the payment issue, so some early birds missed out due to the payment crash. Because reading this thread it seems we are not alone in the checkout issues. 

Jezza said:

Hi Susan, who informed you that you missed out? My order was 11.08, and i was having trouble getting to the checkout phase. I actually started at 1 minute past eleven. Their website was being a real pig. 

But I have not received any mesage and mine is due to be delivered tomorrow. So will just have to wait and see anyway. 

Im not too fussed as I'm not sure that I like the sticker on the cap. To be honest the whole thing doesn't really float my boat. If there's anything wrong with it I won't hesitate to send it back, but recently my stuff has all been perfect. 

When we get them let's all post which, if any, number we get. I'll let you all know, what i get tomorrow. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Mark Goo created this Ning Network.

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2021   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service