Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Has anyone had any luck with this color combo? As a Philadelphia Flyers fan, it has great appeal to me but the ones I've seen in person, including the one I bought today, the lava keeps the light from illuminating the globe. Online I have seen ones like the video on YouTube where it looks great and just like my lamp with orange fluid and white or orange lava. But that one is turned off and sitting next to the new one and they look the same except for the motion in the new lamp.

Views: 510

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some have it, some don't. I guess I'm used to it. It's the glass "smears" I can't stand. They are blemishes in the glass that look like a smear of Windex or something, but you can't clean them up. 

Don't I know it? How are they inside?! But they sure are there.

I think they are IN the glass, kinda. I've had a couple of globes that were just eyesores to look at with those smears. 

Lava perfectionists. :)

Perfectionists, indeed. But it's harder when the one you've had longest is blem-free.

Yes, I always hold my lava to impossible standards based on some sweet 70s and 90s lamps.

I've decided it is going back. I just can't take all of the imperfections in the globe. The fact that it's so dark that you can't tell it's on doesn't help either. Too much chance of forgetting to turn it off at night and then not notice it's on before going to work. I want to bad to get one I can live with but I'm not going to keep buying them and returning them. Besides, I got a Grande today that came with 2 others!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service