Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

hey goo heads - it would be neat to have a thread with photos of everyone's current display(s), so post up!

i will post mine soon since most of my lamps are still in boxes from the move.

Views: 2764

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Libby, if I remember correctly Autumn, Erin and Jim all joined about 3 years ago (Maybe 4 for Autumn).  They were all noobs, as was I when I joined.  It won't take too long for you to get the hang of it.  (I still don't have everything clear myself) lol

Marley's Ghost said:

Thank you, Autumn, I can't wait to see your lamps!!   Sorry I don't know what the half of them are called, but am trying to learn.  Pictures that are identified would be wonderful for me, and probably all the other new folks too!   I get too many of them that look like Aristocrats mixed up, and thought the Carlisle was a "knock off" of the Blip, my bad.   I could have gotten one not too long back for a bit of nothing and passed it by for that reason.  OUCH.  

Ah Keith, that makes me feel ever so much better!   I thought you all had been on here for a long time, since everyone seems to know how to goo kit lamps and what light bulbs to use, and everything else I have no clue about.  This gives me "hope" for my semi-ignorance.  Thank you!   :-)

Keith said:

Libby, if I remember correctly Autumn, Erin and Jim all joined about 3 years ago (Maybe 4 for Autumn).  They were all noobs, as was I when I joined.  It won't take too long for you to get the hang of it.  (I still don't have everything clear myself) lol

Marley's Ghost said:

Thank you, Autumn, I can't wait to see your lamps!!   Sorry I don't know what the half of them are called, but am trying to learn.  Pictures that are identified would be wonderful for me, and probably all the other new folks too!   I get too many of them that look like Aristocrats mixed up, and thought the Carlisle was a "knock off" of the Blip, my bad.   I could have gotten one not too long back for a bit of nothing and passed it by for that reason.  OUCH.  

can't wait to see your display, autumn :)

To jus i have the exact same kind as what you call portfolio do you know about that lamp

Jus said:

Thanks Libby!  I'll do the best I can to label 'em (I donno what they are either! lol)

Left to right in my pics:

yellow-20oz straight goo kit

red (actually purple/yellow wax I think)- 52oz China LavaLamp

blue (actually it's purple)- portfolio? hybrid cross between goo kit and china LL

green psycho-32oz. hybrid cross goo kit x china LL

black (actually it's dark purple)-52oz hybrid goo kit x china LL

blue (believe it or not, BLOOD RED wax in person) 52oz hybrid goo kit x china LL

The lone black 52oz (it's actually reddish-purple) was straight goo kit until a couple months ago I added some china LL wax) so officially a hybrid. 

Autumn posted this next photo somewhere on this site.  It helps me a lot; I don't THINK she'll mind if I repost it here to help others (*fingers crossed*):Autumn's photo:

And this is on the PlanetLava site.  They may or may not like me posting this here, but here I go with it:

Hope this helps!

This is my current mess. I moved a week ago and I am still unpacking.

Oh my goodness!   I'd love to "help" you arrange them.  Then you could tell me what all of them are!  lol  What a great collection of lamps, Autumn!    I do recognize some, but what are those huge ones on the chest, far right?

Autumn said:

They are grandes that have been refilled.

Marley's Ghost said:

Oh my goodness!   I'd love to "help" you arrange them.  Then you could tell me what all of them are!  lol  What a great collection of lamps, Autumn!    I do recognize some, but what are those huge ones on the chest, far right?

Autumn said:

They're beautiful, as are all of them, thanks for identifying the Grandes for me. 

Wow i would help too just because of how beautiful your collection is and its not a mess its a work in progress lol i just got my Grande lava lamps bulb so i will post my line up when it starts to flow

starting to look good, autumn.  i'm in the same situation here, except i don't have nearly as many lamps as you.  maybe i'll get my collection fired up this weekend...

I think I am going to lose a complete shelf in my loft/library, which I call "The Swamp," to display the lamps I have. It's the only place I have to put them all together.  It'll take a bit of time to re-arrange, then I'll post pics, if I can get them to post.  I sure don't have a collection like Autumn does either!   Lovely. 

OMG I really can't imagine the HEAT put off by that many lamps!  The measley 6 running in my bedroom are giving me signs already that this room ain't big enough for all of them AND a pre-menopausal woman...lol

Looking forward to seeing all lava junkie collections, for sure!

Samantha-I sure don't know much, but I can tell you the sticker on the bottom of this one says Pliable Art Model101-L China...hope that helps!

Autumn-you're getting there!  Good job!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service