Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi all

With all the nice reviews, pics, and vids of the Clearview, I thought I would try one. Got a 17" Pearl Finish blue. Turned it on yesterday at around 12pm, off at around 11pm. All it did in that time was make pillars. No flow, nothin. Today have had it on since 8am, now 12:37. It made one pillar. These lamps are so nice. Great look, colors etc. But whats the sense of em, if it wont flow. *Shakes head*

Views: 616

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I put my 25 watt'er back in last night figuring with the winter coming, a/c off and window mostly closed (I did have them cracked open a bit and the room cooler) that the 25 would be ok.  Turned on at 7 pm.  Went to sleep around 1:00 pm to no flow.  Got up this am and it is still in the same stalagamyte position it was in when I fell asleep to it last night!!!  lolol!!  Guess it's back to the 30 for awhile.  I hate to keep changing the bulbs out because I think every time you do that with the spots and halogens it takes some life out of um.  Oh well.....

Always have the 30 in mine. 25 just doesnt cut it.

Carol isent the bulb you suggested quite a standerd bulb used for cheaper lamps i.e. peace lamps and 32oz lamps i dont know how it is in the US but the 30w R39 sounds quite familiar to me. 

The clear views are nice lamps and one model is in the UK now, going to have to get my hands on it.

Tim, I don't know what's used in the peace lamps as I've never owned one, but my 32 oz lamps take the A15 40 watt frosted bulbs.  The Clearview uses a spot bulb.  I guess because the Clearviews need the heat more radiated into the middle of the globe, the spot is used.  Here is the one I use:

http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lamp30r39n125v.html

None of my other lamps take this size bulb.

Thom:  Just put the 30 watt'er back in!!

30W is the best thing to happen to the Clears. Maybe one day LL will change over to them for that model. We can hope. 

Yep...put mine back in last nite and Houston we no longer have a problem!!!!!  lol!!!

I know you are all happy with your 30w bulbs but my Clearview's included bulb was broken when it arrived so I went to Ace Hardware to get one and the 30w bulbs they had were way to big. 

Bulb in package is original included bulb. 

I bought this Ace brand 25w Accent Flood and it works great.

Notice upper right on the back of the blister package that the Flood Spreads the heat/light out from the bulb which will heat the whole bottom of the globe instead of just in the center like the Spot. 

Both the Spot and Flood are considered Reflector bulbs see instructions on back of the blister package.

Just thought I would share. 

Rick,  I do believe they are the original stock bulbs that come with the lamp.  You can get those all over, even Lava Lite does sell them, but they are still only 25 watts.  The problem with those Clearviews is that they don't do well on such a low wattage bulb.  I really don't know the difference between the one you purchased at Ace or the stock bulb that comes with the lamp.  I thought reflector and spot were the same thing.  Don't know so don't want to say, but if it is getting your lamp to flow and the stock bulb is not then there must be some sort of difference. 

Well reflector bulbs come in spot and flood. See the upper right showing the difference between Spot which shines straight up and Flood which doesn't limit the light, it spreads out to heat the whole bottom of the globe not just the middle like the spot. The 25w Reflector Spot doesn't heat the whole bottom. The 30w bulbs you guys are using are hot enough to make them flow. I was just sharing that the 25w Reflector Flood I bought works great but it's probably because it's a flood not a spot which are both Reflector Bulbs which is all the sticker says about the type to use. 

Carol Morrow said:

Rick,  I do believe they are the original stock bulbs that come with the lamp.  You can get those all over, even Lava Lite does sell them, but they are still only 25 watts.  The problem with those Clearviews is that they don't do well on such a low wattage bulb.  I really don't know the difference between the one you purchased at Ace or the stock bulb that comes with the lamp.  I thought reflector and spot were the same thing.  Don't know so don't want to say, but if it is getting your lamp to flow and the stock bulb is not then there must be some sort of difference. 

Good to know Rick!!!  Next time I need a bulb instead of ordering them online I may try the one that you purchased from Ace.  I luv my local Ace store!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service