Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

WIN A MATHMOS LAMP or Which finish would you like to see on a mathmos base?

Since I still have two or three bases left for project-o-fun I though why not ask the community.
So is there any finish (nothing like platinum plating or covering in real saphires or so please)
you would have liked mathmos to do or you would want to do yourself but dont wanne risk fucking up your precious lamp untill you know it will be as cool as you imagine? Tell me and I'll try. The two or three ones I also like most will be done and I'll make a tutorial how to do yourself if it turns out to be nice.
I cant do stuff like flocking...tried...looks very very...not good! but there are loads of paints, coatings, glitter, or experiments like paints based on different solvents who hate each other I can try

Ok maybe we need some extra spice for this thread...cant belive that there are not more ideas out there...or do you all just take whats given to ya by the big lables out there!?
So if there are some creative people here read this :
As soon as I have 10 valid (possible to do without special machines) suggestions I will pick
one and the member who provides the idea gets a lamp made in a finish of his choice and I will send it for free...

Views: 684

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok maybe we need some extra spice for this thread...cant belive that there are not more ideas out there...or do you all just take whats given to ya by the big lables out there!?
So if there are some creative people here read this :
As soon as I have 10 valid (possible to do without special machines) suggestions I will pic one and the member who provides the idea gets a lamp made in a finish of his choice and I will send it for free...
so far we have as much as one!
Critter : gun metal blue

I think one is a fantasic result on a forum with thousands of members...it proves that lava lamps increase creativity and vitality :)
Arne, I cannot wait to see what you come up with! I am excited about your project.

This may bit a bit mundane compared to other suggestions, but I personally love the look. You should be able to select a base color and top coat color to accentuate the lava color (i.e. white over red for a clear/red globe). Crackle finish is the effect I like.

Photo credits go to 60's lights.

Analoghaze whats kandy paint?
crackle was a thing I also had in mind since those asteobaby trade fare prototype ones
alright, sounds interesting...I do have a transparent black but I might try with blue and yellow + metal flakes if Candy paint is what I decide to do. lets see if we get 10 people to post an idea :)

'Mother of Pearl'

Nice gesture of a  free lamp and shipping... very generous of you Arne.

If I win make mine a Comet.... or is that pushing my luck a bit too far... Hee hee !!!

alladin then I need an idea from you...iridescent is already done :)
And I have to see if want to give away a comet...was rather thinking of astro or astrobaby but we will see

Your iridescent lamps are gorgeous... by mother of Pearl or Perlmutt I was thinking of a more organic effect.

I was joshing about the Comet!

Arne said:

alladin then I need an idea from you...iridescent is already done :)
oh ok I didnt know the expression mother of pearl for perlmutt. yes ok I know there is a perlmutt spray bit to have a more organic effect I think I have to use something else...let me think about this but the idea is nice. I might get some scratched crestworth bases in the next weeks from a very nice ebay seller I have contact to, lets see :)
A colorshift paint or swirl paint would be cool!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service