It's been a while since I updated my progress, so I thought I should, since I have a minute to myself for a change. :p My partner and I finally got my dad all moved into his assisted living condo, and in a week, the big move into the new house can begin! I've been so tired and so busy. :(
But I'm taking a day off today. It WAS a good thing, but then I started working on the website again. Now I remember why I was glad to begin moving really heavy furniture, as a break from all this! It's seriously about to drive me crazy again. I had a person who was helping me online, but they completely gave up on me. :( I guess I can't blame them...none of this comes easily to me at ALL. I must seem so very dense to him...
However, I DID manage to get 2 semi-working lamp builders out of the whole thing. One of them takes your 4 choices and displays them as a series of alert boxes. That one works, but I can't seem to replace "alert" with "display image" (or whatever it might be called).
I also have another version of the builder which uses a "swapImage" function. That one actually displays an image based on a user's selection. Only problem is, when I try to make the other 3 selections display the same way, NOTHING I try works. I know that has something to do with the variables used, but I have no idea how to fix it. :(
I've tried and tried and tried to combine what works from both builders, so that I can display the image for all 4 selections, but all I can do is break the FIRST selection so that it doesn't work any more either.
On an...ever so very slightly more positive note, the shipment of lamps from China is apparently set to depart Monday...almost 1 full month after they were supposed to. Sigh...oh well, at least that will put their arrival at well after July 4th. You DON'T want to drive to or from Atlanta during all that, let alone both in one day. And since the website is still broken, I guess a little extra time to work on that wouldn't hurt, either.