Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Found oozinggoo.com when I was looking for ways to repair the Grande I picked up at CostCo a few years ago.  It's one of the Chinese made ones that has gone extremely cloudy and ceased to flow (going to try replacing the fluid one of these weekends). 

It was here that I found out about really big Lava lamps.  I was bowled over by videos of the  Colossus lamps and really want to see if I could get one, I couldn't find them available anywhere so I wrote LavaLite.  I wanted to let this group know what I got this from Lava Lite today:

We have a special promo on the Colossus for serious buyers.   This will be the last time the Colossus will be seen.

Please see attached promo sheet with pricing included.

If you are interested please contact on my direct line at 630-496-6663.

Best regards,

Susan Michaels

Customer Service Representative

LAVA LITE

630-496-6663 direct line

smichaels@lavalite.com

www.lavalite.com

Sadly these prices are outside of my discretionary funds, even though they include shipping.  I post it in hopes that someone here may be interested.

Views: 42047

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The grand looks positively small compared to the monster lamp standing in front of it.

Wow yea. That makes that grand look like a 32oz does when its in front of a grande lol. 

Have there been reports of the glass breaking? I always start up on full power

Jeff said:

I also never warm mine up on full power because of the risk of cracking the globe. So it usually takes mine a day to really get going since I warm it up gradually.  

YES, the colossus has issues with exploding.
It has happened to several members here
to avoid this, I designed a pressure relief capping system for them,
Check older post for instructions

razerface said:

Have there been reports of the glass breaking? I always start up on full power

Jeff said:

I also never warm mine up on full power because of the risk of cracking the globe. So it usually takes mine a day to really get going since I warm it up gradually.  

100% yes...they can and have cracked or exploded. I have installed Claude's capping system onto mine as a precaution...and I still will never start it on full power. I want to keep the thermal stress on the glass to a minimum.

I found the pdf. Claude j,, do you have a kit available?

Hi from UK - I have a pair of these beautiful monsters, and yes, even over here I've read with horror of exploding globes - see Critter's story - some are from China and I believe were not even Borosilicate glass, though other forum members may know more 

hadn't heard of Claude's system - that sounds great,,, I ended up spending a fortune on 7mm borosilicate globes so I could run them worry-free

No, I do not,  but my store has the most difficult part to get,  the heat-shrink
Lavalabcreations.com

you can get the various grades of rubber on eBay
razerface said:

I haven't been able to find the pdf of instructions, where was it?

I have two that I'm about to start using again, that I'd like to make this change to.

razerface said:

SEALING%20A%20COLOSSUS.pdf

The email address in the PDF file is no longer valid

Lavalabcreations@gmail.com is the new one

https://lavalabcreations.com/products/heat-shrink-for-colossus

Much appreciated, looks like a good holiday project

your welcome

Bridget T said:

Much appreciated, looks like a good holiday project

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.