Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Crestworth Cosmos (export, pedestal) variations

Well I know there are at least three different models
1. the prototype from the early pics with no rim (wazzer has/had it)
2. two part base with the rod attached to the lower roud part (uk version)
3. three part base with chromed base part and chromed lower part but the rod has no chroming (export version and most common)
well my question would be: has anybody seen a three part version with chromed rod? because I am almost sure I saw one on a pic and also that one seemed to have a deco line below the rim just like the short caps used to have in the middle...I will try to get detail pics and i have no idea if anyone is interested in this kind of production history crap but I find this very interesting and would love to get more infos on that.

Views: 772

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you refering to the one with the ultra rare UK plug which justify an absolute ridiculous price? :-) :-)

ermmm yes:) just saw its down to 399 now. it really is rare though...2 part design, only made for the uk market...and I want one...but not for an arm and a leg!

There is also the uuuultra rare Canadian one with a US plug with another crazy price too :-)

Next good business is to buy an old local lamp and to fit the cable to a Cosmos : and you've got an uuultra rare lamp :-)

Come on! Spending this kind of amount just for a plug, I can't believe this!

lol there are 3 on ebay uk atm and all for at least 200gbp...also a nordic for 145...insane!

Astralav said:

Are you refering to the one with the ultra rare UK plug which justify an absolute ridiculous price? :-) :-)

no not for a plug, never! but I would pay some cash for a 2 part base version...not nearly 399 though

Astralav said:

There is also the uuuultra rare Canadian one with a US plug with another crazy price too :-)

Next good business is to buy an old local lamp and to fit the cable to a Cosmos : and you've got an uuultra rare lamp :-)

Come on! Spending this kind of amount just for a plug, I can't believe this!

You forgot the French guy who want to sell a cosmos with a lava bottle totally shot for £200.

I asked him if it was a mistype as it doesn't worth more than 20eur maximum, but no he really expect to sell it than price :-).

there was a u.k one on ebay but without sounding like running it down / seller, the metal cap is a living jewel size ( not nordic ) which it should be, baring in mind the larger cap size didnt come into production till the mid 70's , ive never seen a u.k with the plastic flex grip in the base, wether its a later wired one pre nordic cone base, which did have the white plastic flex grip.

On my u.k one, it has the very thing flex ( red / black / green ) colour codes, the flex is held in the base by a rubber gromit, same as early astro's and mini's.  as for originality, the one part id say is wrong is the cap that isnt the nordic cap but a living jewel

not sure why they went unanodised ( chromed ) ive not seen a close up in the flesh of a 3 part base, im waiting for a copper version to turn up, ive seen a pic many years ago, but never seen one in the flesh

oh thats interesting! an original promo pic or was it standing next to a well known set of anodised astrobabies, lol? somwhow I imagine that it looks cool...although I dont really carr for copperI'd like a smart one...but with a full colour spectrum...

Johnny said:

not sure why they went unanodised ( chromed ) ive not seen a close up in the flesh of a 3 part base, im waiting for a copper version to turn up, ive seen a pic many years ago, but never seen one in the flesh

heres a pic of my "cosmos" u.k version, the photo of the copper one was many years ago before the re-anodised copies of telstars etc started turning up

I don't know if it is rare or not, but 3 of the Cosmos bases I've got, have the chrome stem (3 part base).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service