Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

You all might be tired of me posting these things but you know I have to. Here is my latest purchase. It's a Gold Sunburst 4000 lamp. Excellent condition for it's age. The patina is showing some wear but it's nearly 30 years old. I am pleased with it. The spray on the other hand, horrible. I have lost nearly half of the strands and it's still shedding. Not sure what the deal is but it's bad.

Anyways, I am happy to have this color. Now all I need to do is find the black one.

This guy was made July 24, 1984. A couple more pics in my photo section.

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Boxes of optical strands? Do you have anymore info on them? Were they with another item or just alone? Do you know if they were glass or plastic?

Thanks!
That looks cool. It's like having the universe in a globe on your desk. Lol.
The little globe lamp linked was sold with both a red and a black base, with either clear or multicolor lights, and they're battery-operated. No color wheel. Yorkville has them in red in its 1978 catalog, called a "Glo-Lite Globe".

If Spencers has thin white boxes containing Fantasia fiber sprays, perhaps Kris could buy them through you? Those are hard to get now.
Thanks for all th info. I did make an offer on the little globe, however he countered with something a bit higher. It equates to 50 or so dollars. Little to rich for me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service