Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Giant on the way - dented base and slightly low fluid - need help

I have a lovely Giant on the way from eBay. The base has a dent in it and the fluid is a tad low. 

I'm looking for help getting that dent out of the base, as it looks to be significant.

Also, and I'm not real keen on opening up a Giant, but the fluid is a little low, and I'd like to top it off. I know these were made in 1996/1997 and I am willing to find and sacrifice a globe to top this off. I'm always scared of using distilled in case it ruins the flow.

If anyone has any advice on either of these issues, please share! :)

Thanks in advance! 

Views: 2197

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well give it some good runs! Remember the one I bought that u gave up on! And after a lot of running it turned out great :-)

Yes, but even when I gave up on that one, it had AMAZING flow. 

I'm not giving up... just haven't had the time to run it.

LL never did get back to me lol. They probably forgot the good formula.... Lol ha!

If Erin does a re-do on her Giant, I'll do one on my pitiful Grande......maybe.  I have to learn sometime!  

Run it for a week without turning it off.

U won't want to stop lol! I customize so many lamps now 2 a week sometimes. After my concert tomorrow I'm going to be doing a new Astro bottle.

Marley's Ghost said:

If Erin does a re-do on her Giant, I'll do one on my pitiful Grande......maybe.  I have to learn sometime!  

I probably wouldn't want to stop, Trevor!   Once I got the hang of it.  I don't know whether to dump the contents in the ditch or what.  LOL 

LL emailed me back. Said The liquids are not the same

OK, so what liquids aren't the same Trevor? The 32oz. lavas from 96/97 and the Giant lavas from 96/97? Thanks!

I fired it up today and lunch. I expect to come home to a giant blob of crap. 

Erin, did you come home to a giant blob of crap?   I hope not.....

Right now, it's a giant blob of crap. It will spit up some smaller stuff when it's first warming up, then it's just one undulating blob the rest of the time. It never separates after that. Basically, what you see in the original picture I posted is all it does. 

Darn, looks like you're gonna have to do surgery!  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service