Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

I'M SO DONE WITH SPENCERS LAMPS - LOOK AT THIS TRASH!!!!!

So I see they have 2 orange/black 52 oz'ers in stock which I originally wanted the last trip I made but they were out of so I got the pink/white.  I think WOW I got Halloween lamp.  1st one had white fluff in it and what looked to be like metal pieces on top of the what is supposed to be jet black lava.  Open tube 2.  Same issue.  Ok, so I see a green/black.  I figure oh well, I kind of wanted that color too.  Open up the ONLY green/black, sales guy says, "same thing"!!!!  Now another member of OG just got 6 or more lamps at his Spencer's in Pennsylvania and they were fine.  So, I'm sending the pics to Spencer's HQ along with a not so nice email that this is my 3rd trip of 1 1/2 hour drive only to look at lamps that have MAJOR issues.  Also, I'm forward a cc to Susan at LL.  This is ridiculous.  I'm making my own from now on.  Oh and the globes looked like starry starry nite too!!!  Look at these pics!!!  What even is this??

Views: 1575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ended up at a Spencers today, they had the watermelon globe (red/blue) had to snag it. Inspection looks flawless at first look, will get her running in a few and put the camera on it.

You're probably ok Vox.  My Spencer's on the other hand get's second hand lamps I swear!!!  I'm going to call corporate tomorrow since I'm off of work and ask them what is the problem with the Mays Landing, NJ Spencer's when all my friends on Oozing Goo seem to get half decent lamps.  Although Erin did get a lot of duds from Spencer's, but I think that's an LL issue all around.  Did you have them pull the tube and put it on a lighted display base?  That's what I do.

So initial fire up looks good, peppered with some stars but they are tiny and not too bothersome. I am going with a base that was given to me by a good friend, it looks delicious on the pinhole Aristocrat.

You can see it also has the air pockets on the puck surface, this will go away once it pops. I will get some nice staged shots this evening with the flows rolling!

I had a red/blue. Seemed awesome for about 3-4 runs, then got crap in the coil. Hope you fare better than me. :(

Most red/blue pics show globes with LOTS of occlusions.  This looks like a decent globe at least!

I have my hopes up on this one. That is too bad Erin :( I have seen that lint in other China globes if that is what you had, stuff sucks!

I was hoping for minimal occlusions too Keith, most I have seen are speckled pretty bad.  This one has a few noticeable ones but most are teeeeeny tiny that vanish at a couple feet back.

The wax is holding onto its transparent state so far, a grande of mine had done this too. I hope it darkens up a bit and it looks to be a keeper...but like you said Erin, so far so awesome, haha

Good luck with it! I've almost never had a new LL lamp without one of the most common issues: gunk in wax/coil, poor flow, cloudy, tons of glass imperfections or sticking wax. 

I never had one without any of those either Erin.......

I think I've had maybe one or two with NO issues - two Neons. And really, I think it's just a fluke that these two are OK. Many had Neons that weren't.

Oh pleeeasseee, let's not talk about the Neon's.  My son...1st one, ok, i may have fried and overheated, 2nd one, purchased July, gunk in coil

Purple Neon, 1st one, clouded up, 2nd one, scuffs ALL OVER inside of globe.  Sales guys tells me it's on the outside from the syrofoam.  Take back to Spencer's.  Open 4 tubes.  All purple neons.  2 looked like they were shaken and the lava was shredded.  one had worse scuffs then the last, last chance one had a globe covered with occlusions....i gave up and went with the white/pink 52 oz.  flipped coil at EVER run until recently.  flow, so so.  Still have that one and doesn't seem to have any issues, YET.  Still waiting for my replacement Neon green globe from LL.  We will see how that one comes.  This should be interesting. 

I am waiting on a replacement Tornado lamp from LL. I sent mine to them and they have it... wonder what the hold up is. 

Well they said they were sending me a replacement 52 neon green globe too.  I sent them my receipt and all of the information weeks ago and still haven't heard anything......hummmm....bad enough their quality is shoddy, now they're customer service??  Not good...not good...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service