Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

hey goo heads - it would be neat to have a thread with photos of everyone's current display(s), so post up!

i will post mine soon since most of my lamps are still in boxes from the move.

Views: 2764

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

L-R: 52oz blue/yellow aristocrat, 32oz white/clear goo kit, 52oz red/clear goo kit aristocrat, 32oz blue/white, 52oz neon green, blue/blue astro, violet/white astro.

hope that helps!

Marley's Ghost said:

Very nice, Brad!!   May I make one suggestion?  Would it be too much to ask that everyone identify their lamps as to "what kind they are?"   It would really help noobs like me to learn the different lamps when I see them. Something like Left to Right are "whatever" they are?  

I know most of you on here already know all these different lamps, but some of us don't....like me!

Brad said:

to get this started, here is a pic of my main display before i moved:

Let me know how that works out for you. I have the exact same type of ledge in my retro room. :)

Brad said:

here is the project i am currently working on in my office/man room in the basement.  i'm going to put my lamps on the ledge behind the TV but am trying to figure out the best way to hide the wires.  i'm thinking i will use white split loom along the back corner of the ledge and plug the lamps into 2 of these power strips behind the TV:

Thanks for identifying your lamps, Brad!   That helps a lot.  I don't have a ledge anywhere, except all around the great room, but the ceilings are 25 feet high, and the ledge is about regular ceiling height.  Too high.  So I am going to use a top shelf in my loft and will have about this same set-up.  I have the power strips with surge protectors already, but have to figure out how to hide the wires.  Also, I have dimmers on several lamps, which will have to be hidden too.   

Main display; Neon yellow (new, first run), blue swirl with yellow/purple, purple neon, green neon, rainbow, watermelon neon (new, first run)

Man, I have the longest thickest piece of glass with polished edges that would make a killer shelf or ledge, but I can't use it cuz no place in my house appropriate for it.  If any of yall live near Ft.Worth, Tx-U should holler for it! 

Speakin of ledges-I know how yall LEDGERS can hide your cords!  I think.  LOL

What if you added an additional layer of sheetrock, or whatever material you wish, and install it from the underside of your ledge down to the floor, a little ways in front of the existing wall?  Kind of like a "false front" ? Then you'd have a dead space between the false front and the actual wall in which there'd be plenty of space to stuff all those nappy cords and dimmers!

Everyone's collections look super!

uk for the win;)
Attachments:
Lol

I am almost finished putting stuff up, but I am out of shelf space. I think I am going to start another sale.

i want some of those lamps wish i had the money right now it is still all so beautiful and lovely to look at

the rocket ship the one that is higher than the the grandes is huge how high is it

Here is my current set-up :)

I love the different Fantasia colours and couldn't pick which picture to post so here is another one

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service