Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Yep, there's a silver Starship Grande, minus cap, in my local Goodwill, which is Renton, WA. They want $70 for it. Globe is cloudy yellow/blue. Are these indeed hyper-rare? Does anybody want it? I could pick it up for someone. Photos linked below.

http://imgur.com/9QeVFkA

http://imgur.com/6PfpEuO

If I did get it, I'd have to go Sunday, hopefully it'd still be there.

~ Jonas

Views: 2161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeah, sorry Brad.  I'm also a big Starship fan.  It was my first lamp, and I love them. 

good tip kirk - do you have an email address for Susan?  (or any contact info?)

I have a lot of friends into the 3d printing scene, and I'll probably talk to some of them to make something, at least for a first attempt.  I don't know too many metal workers.

Brian, if you get the details of the cap a metal spinner could spin a new top. Not cheap though!

Autumn could provide you the details in dimensions.

Whomever buys this please post here that you got it.

Thanks Critter.

Store opens in about 40 min.  I'll be down there shortly after that :)

Goo-kitting is pretty simple.  Cut and dry.  There are some things to look out for though.  I've done a pretty good amount of kits so far and they have for the most part turned out great.  I did have a few "problem" globes that I failed to clean thoroughly (although you would never know it) and have resorted to buying a can of Brakleen and redoing them due to streaking and wax sticking.  I have since tried an experiement last nite with coating the entire globe with PURE surf instead of using a diluted with distilled water version.  It came out crystal clear but time will tell if it will "restreak".  If you have any questions Brian, a lot of us on here have great tips to offer on kitting.  Lamphead helped me tremendously!!!

Brian, here you go...

smichaels@lavalite.com

Brian Baughman said:

good tip kirk - do you have an email address for Susan?  (or any contact info?)

I have a lot of friends into the 3d printing scene, and I'll probably talk to some of them to make something, at least for a first attempt.  I don't know too many metal workers.

Well, I just got it. What a bummer, it came in with the top cap, but they lost it! :(

The base is pretty beat up, but I think I can fix everything.

The manager took $25 off due to them losing the cap. Time to see if I can find another

Strange - the globe has 2 coils?  My regular grande just has the one.  This one has one big one, and one smaller one:

http://oozinggoo.ning.com/photo/starship-grande-coils?context=album...

Congratulations!  You've got yourself one rare Starship, Brian.

By the way, LL put two coils in the neon green and neon pink Grandes, too.

What is the date and production numbers on the globe top? Oh and ask them to call you if they find the top.

Yep, Haze linked it.  :)  

Thanks again Jonas!  :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service