Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

All Discussions Tagged 'wax' (57)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Multiple Waxes in One Vase?

Hey, all. I'm just wondering why I've only seen one wax color in any given lava lamp (ignoring texture). Has anyone tried to put more than…

Started by Silo

9 Jul 10, 2012
Reply by Tim Gill

Goo just liquifies. Help

I have to original 1970's lava lamps that when you turn them on and heat the wax just melts and doesn't move at all. The other has a large…

Started by Kevin

3 Apr 24, 2012
Reply by Tim Gill

Lazy Consort

Hi everyone!  I'm trying to improve my consort.  It is original bright orange wax and the flow is so slow and boring.  I have had to empty…

Started by Jennifer

0 Apr 14, 2012

Refilling liquid - Wax wont melt

When redoing liquid from scratch i usually start by just filling the globe with destilled water with a tiny bit of SLES .. Plan was to the…

Started by Da9L

5 Mar 20, 2012
Reply by Tim Gill

Wax gets very dark during operation

I have a Lava Lite (I think it's 32 oz; it measures about 16.5" from base to top and has a 40W bulb) that I've owned for maybe 15 years. It…

Started by Brian

10 Feb 25, 2012
Reply by Tim Gill

Floating Wax

I got some canning and candle wax a few months back and noticed the wax wouldn't sink. Since then I have gotten a Gookit and I notice the w…

Started by Waffler

4 Jan 1, 2012
Reply by Erin

Can I make wax more opaque?

I have an old green lamp from the 90's and the wax is a bit transparent. I remember when the lamp was new the wax had more of a solid color…

Started by pspees

1 Nov 13, 2011
Reply by Tim Gill

Few questions for my Grande - Sticking wax and wax at top

Hey people..   So after i filtered my Grande with great success i have begun experiencing other problems.   First of all.. The wax tends to…

Started by Da9L

13 Sep 20, 2011
Reply by Da9L

Attempting to fix my Capri

Well here we go. Saturday night excitement!   As I received it Wednesday:   Globe is in bad shape and stuck in the base. Took some WD40 to…

Started by Erin

24 Aug 13, 2011
Reply by Erin

Cloudy Grande!

I received my Grande 2 Saturdays ago (silver base clear liquid black wax) and it runs between 5-6 hours EACH day and the liquid is still cl…

Started by Taylor

15 Jul 17, 2011
Reply by Dr. WHAT?!

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service