Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Hi all, Christmas disappointment. My wife bought me an Astro matt black from Mathmos with the clear black bottle for Christmas. The cap has two scratches on it, the three pin plug plastic cover was not on but lying loose in the box ,but worst of all the bottle cap is loose so some of the fluid had leaked. I will be sending an email to Mathmos in the coming days. I have not run it yet but was wondering if anybody else has one of these because the fluid is clear at the moment but have read on their Facebook that the colour of the wax can bleeding into the liquid and turn it purple.

Views: 1033

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There black is not black it is a deep plum - to be honist and fair to mathmos they have never claimed that there black is a compleate jet black - they have said deep plum

Good to know, although I wish I had known it before.  The us site doesn't seem to list details like that.

It's a plum colour at night when the lightbulb is visible but in daylight it is jet black and looks pretty cool
I can't wait for the new base and bottle colours

What new base and bottles - I know that there was a rumor that a lot more colour combos were to be released as on the new bottle boxes it said about other combos but nothing has been confirmed from Mathmos.

Mr Cosmic said:

It's a plum colour at night when the lightbulb is visible but in daylight it is jet black and looks pretty cool

I grew up in a town where my school colors were maroon and white from 1st grade through grad school, I'm still a little tired of anything resembling maroon/plum/wine  etc.... and since I run mine mostly at night....

Anyone know if they will ever bring the blue/blue or clear/white to the US?  I'd love to have either

Mr Cosmic said:

I don't know if they are going to release the blue / blue and clear / white again if they do then I asume they will make there way to Mathmos US at some stage.

Hi all, thanks for your replies on my post. Am waiting for a reply on an email I sent to Mathmos regarding the issues I had on the Black Astro. Have attached some photos one showing the small scratches on the cap, one showing the bottle cap that was so loose I just unscrewed it by hand and the other one showing the new bottles Mathmos are using for the Astros compared to the older bottle.

Attachments:

Sad to say But I will NOT be buying anything from Mathmos anymore, it is such a shame the CEO / MD has lost control of her company.

I wonder what happened. Quality was top-notch for years. I mean, it's owned by the same person, right?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service