Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

MASSIVE FIBER OPTIC SCORE ON EBAY!! NEW OLD STOCk!

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let everyone know to grab your wallet and head over to eBay! A seller (Cindy) wonderful lady! Anyhow she came across a massive buy on a fiber optic lamp that has the super long fiber optic sprays and are full. They are plastic fibers but display beautifully! They have a cooling fan and are lit with a 35 watt halogen bulb, the fibers and color wheel rotate. She has a video that demonstrates the motion of the lamp on YouTube. Pictures and videos hardly do this lamp Justice! I have prior experience with these lamps and they are legit! I even can custom make color wheels for them like I did on the one I had a few years back. Anyhow. She has these things priced Right and at a steal honestly and will give a discount if buying more than one! I bought two and almost bought more! She has aprox 200 units brand new!! I am attaching a link to the listing and some of my photos of the spray. Get them while they last! Oh and please, if you do decide to purchase from her. PLEASE message her in eBay mentioning my name (Joe) sent me over from the Oozing Goo forum. Thanks guys! Oh and one of the pictures you see of the spray was me setting the spray in a Sunburst base. These sprays have a fat base and will not work on a Sunburst, I just wanted you to see the fullness! If you don't like the silver base you can spray paint it Black like I did the one I had years ago and in the one pictured in this discussion 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/352942984112 

Views: 1397

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Picked up my two!  Looks very nice. Ty for heads up.

Hey, thank you for the heads up with this issue. I just contacted the seller about these lamps and the mentioned issues. At this point in time I advise against the purchase of one of these until more is confirmed unless you are willing to have inconsistencies. This is a huge bummer! I'm sorry to have sent people to the listing. I am on vacation and have not checked out my lamps yet but when I return home I will be checking mine out and reporting back. If mine are of a similar condition I will be seeking a refund from her and I advise you to do the same unless you are comfortable with an exchange and any inconsistencies.

Yes please upload a photo, that would be helpful. 

Hi Joe-  i apologize.  I majorly forgot that I was not speaking to you direct and the Seller on Ebay has been more than accommodating. These things happen on occasion when you're selling in volume.  I had a similar incident happen when I sold a pallet of clocks and did not check before I mailed and I had to refund or replace at least a dozen of the 200  sold.  At least this Seller is doing the best they can to check each lamp to make sure it turns on before sending.  Seller is checking my second order before shipping and that makes me feel just fine.  I liked the lamp so much I decided to purchase 2.  The lamp is a steal for the price in my opinion. I did not hesitate to purchase again knowing sooner than later they are surely going to sell out and the sellers communication is as good as it gets.  My kind of Seller.   I've always wanted one of these Millennium Lamps and I'm more than thrilled I'm finally adding to my collection. Thanks to you. Turns out Seller tests lamps  before they mail which explains the slight marks on the wall of the insert hole and they re-pack as to insure no breakage during shipping which totally makes sense and I appreciate the extra effort when mailing. I  ordered two because the color wheel on this lamp is FRICKEN AWESOME. The lamp itself is as almost as big and wide as the Fantasia 4000.  Color wheel on this lamp is the  best I've ever seen of all my fiber optic lamps. I can hardly wait until my order arrives. I think the color wheels design is genius because it has clear dots on it which in turn makes the fibers look like they are sparkling diamonds.  I've never seen this effect before on an open fiber optic lamp.  Usually only seen on box fiber optic lamps and even they don't shimmer like The Millennium 2000.  That being said Seller said they are going to extra check each lamp for operation and fibers now before mailing so members get your bad ass lamp while you can. I'm not kidding.  You can Thank Joe for posting here on oozing goo.  Joe- are you able to upload a video of the lamp. If so, do it so the members here can see for themselves and buy a lamp before they sell out. Look folks a Fantasia 4000 or Sunburst are now going for 350.00 for a decent fiber optic lamp and crappy spray, 500 plus if the lamps in good to excellent condition.  New - 600 up.  This lamp is as nice a fiber optic lamp and the spray is made of white mylar so fibers will not break off as easy as the Fantasia lamps glass fibers but seriously look as good if not better. Something else - the sprays have almost as many fibers as the Fantasia lamps which blew me away. I own both the Fantasia 4000 and Sunburst models so I was able to compare lamps side by side.  

I spoke to Selleer and they are taking care of the issue.  I advised members here to buy since they are going to double check both fibers and lamp before senidng.  The lamps too good a deal to pass up.  

jmpenny32 said:

Hey, thank you for the heads up with this issue. I just contacted the seller about these lamps and the mentioned issues. At this point in time I advise against the purchase of one of these until more is confirmed unless you are willing to have inconsistencies. This is a huge bummer! I'm sorry to have sent people to the listing. I am on vacation and have not checked out my lamps yet but when I return home I will be checking mine out and reporting back. If mine are of a similar condition I will be seeking a refund from her and I advise you to do the same unless you are comfortable with an exchange and any inconsistencies.

What issues are you guys talking about, my two are supposed to arrive today, Thursday.  What am I looking for as far as issues that you all are speaking of.  Thanks for clarification!

MaGoo!

jmpenny32 said:

I just ordered mine this morning!

Mr MaGoo said:

What issues are you guys talking about, my two are supposed to arrive today, Thursday.  What am I looking for as far as issues that you all are speaking of.  Thanks for clarification!

MaGoo!

jmpenny32 said:

Zach - mine slowly rotated then it started rotating faster and abruptly slows down again.  I'm not sure if it's part of the design since I have nothing to compare it to and my new lamps will not be delivered until next week. If yours do the same than it's part of the design.   Some fibers will need to be carefully separated since they've been sitting in a box for 20 years but after taking the time to separate the spray is huge. My spray had a few bent and squiggly fibers but everyone I've spoken to have perfect fiber inserts so I'm guessing mine happened at the makers factory and they boxed it anyway.   Seller is now taking extra time to insure the lamps operation and fibers are ok before sending.  For the price she is sure to sell out. Reminds me when the Lava Royal came out.  A lot of us sat on our hands until it SOLD OUT and now everyone's trying to find one.  You are going to love the sparkling effect of these lamps. Crazy cool.   I'd been wanting to add one of these lamps to my collection since they came out.  The last one to come up on ebay sold for 100.00 plus 30.00 or so for shipping three or four years ago. I'm sure your going to fare better.  Drop a video or photo of the lamp so members can see how beautiful the lamps are so they can jump on this sale before it's too late.  When my 2 arrive next week if no photos have been posted I will gladly do so.  
Zachary said:

I just ordered mine this morning!

Mr MaGoo said:

MaGoo!

jmpenny32 said:

I have been going back and forth with Cindy and she is absolutely wonderful and is willing to do what it takes to assure customer satisfaction and quality control. I am 100% confident with sending people over to get their lamp while these last!! I agree with everything the lamp caretaker said above. Here was my last communication with Cindy. Keep in mind ended her a photo of when I last had this lamp. The biggest inconsistencies are that the fiber optic sprays were from a different batch and have a slightly different haircut. Nothing that affects the lamps beauty at all. And as far as the rotation issue, I remember this from my last one and I put a little grease under the plastic gear for a smoother rotation and that had taken care of it.

Hello Joe,
I've done some comparisons (approx 25) of the lamps. The vast majority of the sprays are
consistent in length. 15" long lying down. When installed in the lamp the sprays fall to about 2 inches
from bottom of the base. Some spray strands extend further and on a few - touched the bottom and
were dragging. All the units we looked at worked well. One unit had a burned out bulb.

We did notice on most of the sprays a longer than usual individual spray poking out here
and there. I've cut them off with no issues.

As soon as we are able to edit the lamp we will be removing your picture.
Our lamps are beautiful but we don't want them mistaken for what's pictured.

Again, Thanks so much for letting me use them but I really need to get better pics of
our lamps.

As far as I know - we are the only sellers of these lamps...anywhere!

After looking at the 25 lamps...I feel confident in selling them.

Thanks again Joe.

Cindy

Static cling within the fibers is crazy with this spray.  What are you all doing to combat that, baby powder?  Motor seems to be spinning smoothly no jerking, fast then slow movements noted.  Are you all trimming your sprays to make them more uniform?  Let me know, will post some pics here shortly.

MaGoo!

Intended sentence to read: motor spinning smoothly, no jerky, no fast then slow movement noted.

UPDATE:  OK have been running lamps now for little over an hour, and they both have started the slow then fast movement, fast movement only last a couple of seconds, but now is noticeable.  Just passing this on, is this one of the issues you all were talking about, should I send both back, let me know, thanks all.

MaGoo

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service